Counterparty Credit Analyst
Job Purpose Statement
Columbia Threadneedle Investments ('CTI'), EMEA has a role for an individual to work as a Financial Institutions Counterparty Credit Analyst ('Analyst'). The Analyst will undertake forward-looking credit analysis and assign credit ratings to the firms' approved counterparty banks, broker dealers and prospective counterparties. The role requires strong communication skills both written and oral. The Analyst will need to liaise with a significant number of departments and as such should be a good team player, but within this context to also maintain the ability to work on his/her own initiative to tight deadlines. Role Responsibilities How you'll spend your time.....
- Undertake forward-looking credit analysis and assign credit ratings and propose limits to the firms' existing approved counterparty banks, brokers, soveriegns and liquidity funds. This analysis should be presented to the Counterparty Credit Risk Manager and the Counterparty Credit Risk Committee as appropriate.
- Carry out credit due diligence and analysis on new bank, broker and liquidity fund counterparties. In turn to present this analysis to the Counterparty Credit Risk Manager and the Counterparty Credit Risk Committee as appropriate.
- Keep abreast of pertinent market news, external rating changes and other credit factors such as CDS spreads and share price movements, affecting the credit worthiness of Columbia Threadneedle Investment's approved banks and broker counterparties. These factors are incorporated into CTI's internal rating and approved counterparty processes, to ensure limits and exposures are proactively managed.
- Produce and review on-going counterparty monitoring reports, regulatory returns and ad hoc client reports.
- Undertake administrative tasks with respect to updating and maintaining accurate records within the team's records and Counterparty Risk Reporting System ('CRRS').
Desired Capabilities If you also had this, it would be great...
- Attend internal working group and committee meetings on behalf of the Counterparty Credit Risk Team.
About Columbia Threadneedle Investments What working at Columbia Threadneedle offers.....
- Possession of CFA or Accountancy qualifications would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with EMIR/Dodd Frank/Mifid II Regulations.
- Knowledge of trading documents such as ISDA Master Agreements and Credit Support Annexes and the ability to work with the Legal Team to define suitable credit terms.
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.