Counterparty Credit Analyst - £90k+ plus package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Miryco Consultants Ltd
- 16 Jan 19
We are working with a top tier Direct Investments Asset Management firm who are looking for a Counterparty Credit Analyst with 3-4 years experience to support the successful portfolio management of credit and counterparty risks across Corporate and Financial sectors. Main responsibilities include monitoring, credit analysis and reporting on a day to day basis. This will be an ideal position for someone who has completed an Analyst graduate scheme with a tier 1/2 bank and now looking to make a buy-side move.
The role responsibilities:
- Assisting in fundamental credit analysis of corporate issuers wholesale banks, and major (re)insurers. Developing and maintaining a good understanding of their revenue streams, the markets in which they operate and the potential impact of market events on their business models and credit profiles.
- Helping to monitor news, research and rating agency actions on names in the Corporate bonds portfolio and exposures to Financials through investments and hedging activities, including bonds, structured assets, derivatives and longevity swaps
- Identifying, measuring, managing and reporting of credit risk and ensuring close liaison with the Risk Management function.
- Monitoring compliance with portfolio investment and counterparty limits and preparing the necessary reports on limit compliance and stress testing for firm wide circulation
- Assessing the appropriateness of external credit ratings and assigning credit ratings to issuers, counterparties and/or transactions - in so doing, documenting their views in the relevant Risk/Investment Committee(s) documentation.
- Preparation and support of investment analysis to internal Credit, Risk and Investment Committee(s).
- Performing regular checks to ensure accurate credit ratings are maintained in the system
- Undergraduate, holding a degree in a numerical discipline.
- Minimum 3 years banking/rating agency/financial services industry experience covering Corporates and/or Financials (preferably both).
- Good understanding of fundamental credit analysis associated with Corporates and Financials that can be applied to quantitative and qualitative data;
- Strong presentation and communication skills;
- Great attention to detail and self-confidence to provide challenge of actual processes;
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise workload appropriately;
- Ability to focus in an open environment, working independently;
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000
Please note, our client is able to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills.
For all other roles, please go to www.miryco.com