Our client is looking for someone to join their legal team and help deliver sophisticated legal analysis of leveraged loan and high yield bond covenants in an understandable manner. This internal analysis is used for external credit investors to spot risks and make more informed investment decisions.
Initially responsible for managing a team of analysts dedicated to creating structured data sets to power next-generation loan and bond covenant analytics for credit investors. This includes the management, training, and oversight of a rapidly growing team of analysts and working closely with a team of engineers and data scientists to help deliver AI-powered analytics for the leveraged finance market. Over time move into role of writing new issuance reports on high yield bonds and leveraged loans, as well as special reports on special situations, distressed credits and covenant trends.
Candidates should have at least 4 years of experience in a debt capital markets or debt finance group at a major law firm and have detailed experience of high yield bond and European leveraged loan covenants.
- Directing and managing data collection efforts
- Review and analyse bond indentures and credit agreements
- Reviewing leveraged loan agreements/high yield bond offering memoranda or indentures
- Liaising with team members to ensure accuracy and consistency of relevant data identification and inputting into systems
- Progression in due course to reviewing and analysing new leveraged loans/high yield bonds, writing reports and commentary on them for timely delivery to external clients and collecting and inputting relevant data to update internal library
Skills & Requirements:
- Proven Post-Qualification experience at a major law firm in debt capital markets or debt finance group
- Full legal qualifications (English, New York or other similar common law jurisdiction, eg Australia)
- Existing detailed knowledge of high yield bond and European leveraged loan documents and their covenants
- Ability to absorb and analyse complex detail and to give clear and concise summaries/explanations, written and oral
- Ability to manage, supervise and develop teams of people, including remotely
- First rate attention to detail and communication skills, oral and written
- Keen interest in the debt finance markets and enthusiasm to be part of a business driving radical changes
Nice to have:
- Previous experience of analysing, summarising and commenting on leveraged loan/high yield bond documentation and covenants will be advantageous