Coverage Specialist - Financial and Professional Services
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 30 Nov 18
This is an exciting opportunity in a busy and dynamic team working within the heart of Aon’s global broking business. It will provide great all round commercial and technical insurance experience to the successful candidate and exposure to broking, claims, training and client development. It is likely to suit someone who is looking to use their legal skills and qualifications in a multi-faceted commercial context, as an alternative career path to working in legal private practice.
Aon is recruiting a Coverage Specialist to join our Financial and Professional Services (“F&PS”) team within Aon’s Global Broking Centre, in London and Chelmsford. They would be reporting to Ed Smerdon. The Coverage Specialist will be primarily responsible for drafting, negotiating and improving a variety of financial lines insurance contracts for F&PS clients, with a particular emphasis on PI, FI, D&O and Crime. They will also assist the Claims Team in resolving complex issues on coverage of claims and provide an extra layer of claims support for F&PS major clients. It is a client facing role and there would be opportunities for exposure to Aon’s major clients. The role also involves E&O prevention, internal training on legal issues, and liaison with our insurer trading partners on common themes, wordings and clauses.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Global Broking Centre - London
The Global Broking Centre in London is an integral part of Aon’s global broking strategy. The GBC provides colleagues from across the Aon network with access to specialist brokers and client managers, dedicated client solutions and thought leadership, and significant global insurance capacity.
The GBC works with network colleagues to deliver market-leading solutions to Aon clients, creating a competitive advantage in our placement strategies worldwide.
About the Role
Your impact as a Coverage Specialist:
- Insurance contract drafting and updating reviews for new and renewal D&O, FI, PI, D&C, EPL, PTL, Cyber, TLU and Crime insurance products, identification of drafting issues and wording improvements on recently won contracts
- Analysis of coverage issues in complex claims, supporting the Claims Team
- Working with major clients and our brokers on contract renewals, including negotiations with insurers and advising clients on the products
- Improving and updating Aon proprietary forms and be-spoking insurer forms for our clients
- Briefing and meetings with clients’ legal advisors
- Participating in tenders, including drafting and presenting at tenders and pitches
- Participating in cross departmental projects as may from time to time be specified by senior management
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Proven experience working as a qualified UK Solicitor in a law firm or in house (or equivalent in a common law jurisdiction)
- Insurance coverage experience in financial lines
- Litigation and/or claims experience
- Experience in drafting, negotiating or reviewing Insurance contracts and documentation
- Some public speaking experience and/or a second language an advantage
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application