Creative Studio Director
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION The Company
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1Trillion in assets under management as of June 2020, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to foster an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise. The Position
A newly created position, the Creative Studio Director will develop and manage the in-house "creative studio" - a fundamental bridge between creative design and scaled production, packaging and presentation. In addition to building an in-house design studio capability, this role will also develop best practices and standards for how to package and merchandise marketing content, particularly across new and emerging formats (e.g. data visualization, infographics, video, audio and presentations). In partnership with the Creative Design team, this individual will exhibit a digital-first mindset and demonstrate how to translate design and user experience best practices across a number of marketing mediums. The Creative Studio Director will help identify solutions for two strategic objectives:
- Leverage new or existing content and evolve our packaging and presentation to better address market and audience relevance
- Create a model to scale our ability to develop and deliver this work using a combination of in-house resources, off-shore resources and external agency partners
This role will report functionally to the Director of the Content Strategy Center of Excellence located in our Boston office, and will report regionally to the Director of EMEA Marketing in Wellington's London office. This role will collaborate with colleagues in Boston, London, Singapore and Tokyo. The Global Marketing Content Strategy Center of Excellence includes teams dedicated to content creation (writing/editing/proofreading), design (brand, digital and print), content strategy and marketing, social media and audio/video production. For this position, we are open and committed to discussing flexible working. Responsibilities
Qualifications A successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Evolve the creative presentation of our marketing collateral and content to improve effectiveness - this is particularly important to help reach new audiences for the firm, such as our Global Wealth channel
- Drive localized design treatments with scale, while maintaining market, audience relevance
- In partnership with Creative Design team, ensure design consistency and brand standards throughout end-end experiences across all marketing touchpoints, including, but not limited to: advertising and marketing campaigns, events, web, email, social, video, audio, data, and presentations
- Partner with Editorial and Creative Design teams to enhance the effectiveness of our marketing output through strong visual storytelling
- Oversee multimedia capabilities, including, but not limited to: video production, audio, animation, motion graphics, etc.
- Identify and implement new capabilities, including, but not limited to: Data visualization, charting, infographics, etc.
- Develop a strategic and cost-effective approach to manage our external vendor relationships (creative agencies, video/audio, image and art buying, etc)
- Manage local design production resources in EMEA
- Partner with in-house production (PCS) and off-shore production teams to define a model for how to work together to drive both design and operational efficiency
- Partner with Project Management to ensure all creative briefs are complete and include all necessary details for the team to work effectively
- Team management:
- Supervise the team's daily workflow, resource allocation, monitor deadlines and adhere to budgets.
- Manage and cultivate the career development of team members, multimedia producers, data visualizers and presentation designers.
- Oversight of offshore creative production, as well as agency and creative vendor management
- Extensive experience in creative design, creative production and/or brand development
- Strong knowledge of designing for digital marketing best practices
- Experience in financial services, strong investment knowledge and specifically asset management, a plus
- Requires a strong entrepreneurial mindset - this is a player/coach role
- Exhibits intellectual curiosity as well as the ability and desire to learn quickly
- Effective communication skills including interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Flexibility and the ability to partner effectively with others, seek a wider audience, build consensus, influence, and act decisively
- Strong fit with the firm's cultural tenets of inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, and collegiality
- Sense of humor and passion for working in a creative and collaborative environment
- Grace under pressure; ability to adapt, "roll up sleeves" and get things done
Creative Studio Director LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to r ace, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .