Financial Services - London, England
Growing team is looking to add a Credit Analyst to its Financial Institutions Group (FIG) team.
This position will report directly into the Head of the team.
- Aid the portfolio management of credit and counterparty risks within the firm, with a focus on the Financial Institutions space on a global basis. Sector coverage of the FIG team includes banks, sovereigns, supranationals, insurers, reinsurers, and money market funds.
- Conduct fundamental credit analysis on financial institutions to which the firm has investment and/or counterparty exposures, including fixed income securities, derivatives, and longevity swaps.
- Provide day-to-day support to the team and prepare materials for consideration by the company’s Credit and Investment Committees.
- Perform surveillance on existing names and transactions.
- Daily, monitor macro-economic developments, rating actions, company announcements (i.e., earnings release and M&A), regulatory developments and news flow within the company’s investment and counterparty portfolios
- Perform periodic credit reviews on a single name and/or a sector level to help re-calibrate risk appetite for our exposures; adapt investment/hedging strategy going forward, working closely with the key internal stakeholders.
- Judge the appropriateness of external credit ratings and provide support in assigning internal credit ratings, as required. In so doing, articulate their views and recommendations in the relevant Risk/Investment Committee(s) based on robust analysis.
- Provide support to day-to-day investment and counterparty risk management activities of the team, such as responding to requests/queries, preparing analysis and materials for consumption by senior stakeholders, verifying details of new transactions, and producing MI, as required.
- At least 5 years' experience in an analytical or credit research role covering Financial Institutions from a major rating agency or investment bank or buy-side firm.
- Expertise in applying rating methodologies of the major rating agencies.
- Analytical skills in performing fundamental credit analysis on financial institutions that can be applied to quantitative and qualitative data to anticipate potential rating agency actions.
- Working knowledge of derivatives (e.g. rates, credit derivatives, and fx) exposure management and trading documentations.
- A self-starting, pro-active attitude.
- An ability to work well within a team environment and contribute to cross departmental projects.
- Great attention to detail and self-confidence to challenge existing processes.
- Strong communication abilities and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management and an ability to prioritise workload appropriately.
Vennbridge is an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. See https://www.linkedin.com/in/louisaltman/ and www.vennbridge.com