- c. £40,000 Base + Benefits + Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Stemcor , EA Licence No: 11S4540
- 16 Jan 18 2018-01-16
Stemcor plays a vital role, acting as an intermediary between customers and suppliers. We make complex transactions easy for buyers and sellers. We are currently recruiting for a credit analyst to join our team.
Stemcor is a leading independent service provider for the steel industry.
We play a vital role, acting as an intermediary between customers and suppliers. We make complex transactions easy for buyers and sellers.
With our specialised expertise and knowledge, we help customers choose from over 3,500 different grades of steel and raw materials available in the market. With our global infrastructure and connections, we ensure they get their product in the right place, at the right time, and at the right price.
For suppliers, we use our relationships and long-standing expert knowledge to ensure that their products reach the best customer in the right destinations.
Our core business is steel trading and distribution.
By acting as an intermediary, we give steel suppliers an easy way to market their products and secure customers right across the globe. And we give purchasers the expertise and support to find exactly the right quantity and grade of steel to suit their needs.
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Credit Analyst to join our team.
The main purpose of the role is to analyse and underwrite counterparty risks within the global steel market and related industries.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Evaluating and underwriting credit limit requests for the group’s captive insurance company in support of the group trading activities in Europe
- Analysis of customer financial statements to support open credit risk decisions for our European business units
- Undertaking counterparty visits in order to gather credit information in support of the underwriting activity decision process
- Support senior credit analyst in monitoring and reporting collections performance of our European business units
- Support senior credit analyst in monitoring and ensuring compliance with the group’s credit insurance policies
- Support senior credit analyst in assisting with implementation and review of the group’s Credit Risk Management procedures
- Support senior credit analyst in providing guidance, training, and support to business units on credit insurance related issues
Knowledge, qualifications and skills required:
- Excellent quantitative & qualitative credit analysis skills
- Intermediate computer skills - including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Fluency in English – both written & oral (fluency in other languages would be an advantage)
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Sociable and flexible team player