- Salary: Competitive
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 17 Jul 18
QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a Credit Analyst, to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - UK//London.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 28,000 operating from over 1200 locations.
You will be responsible for reviewing credit facility proposals from Corporate and Private Banking customers. The role will provide analyses and assess the risk of the borrowers, proposed credit structures, security/collateral, exposure levels and the adherence to established policies, guidelines and credit procedures.
- Responsible for credit assessments and comply with established/approved credit risk policies, guidelines, procedures and relevant laws and banking regulations. Frequent coordination with the Relationship Managers for the timely receipt of customer documents required to evaluate the credit worthiness of proposed borrowers.
- Assist in the assessments on credit proposals by preparing reports and analysis of the various credit risk facets. You will assign final risk ratings, including borrower rating and facility ratings, based on the underlying assessment.
- Liaise with Centralized Credit department in Doha to process applications.
- Ensure all obligors are assigned the appropriate credit ratings, and ensure annual and watch-list reviews are done and updated on timely basis. In addition, you will support the Head of Risk in preparing recommendations to extend, decline, or request further structuring/guarantees/collaterals to the transactions to minimize credit risk and meet QNB Group credit risk standards
- You will also assist in the development and preparation of regular and ad hoc credit risk reporting and support the Head of Risk in making further enhancements to the risk management framework.
- Ideal candidate should have a breadth of knowledge of the Credit Risk function, not just limited to Credit analyst, but also Credit Execution, Credit Portfolio Management and Reporting.
- Ideal Candidate with depth of experience in Credit Risk function within the banking sector.
- Managerial experience or/ and potential and desire to develop leadership skills.
- Able to demonstrate a proactive working style, with the ability to work without supervision.
- Experience on Regulated Mortgages, Real Estate, Islamic Finance and Private Banking (at least one of this areas) highly desirable.
- Experience within Retail and Corporate will be also highly desirable.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV