- Contract, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- Full time
Credit Analyst - FTC
We are looking for a candidate for a Credit analyst FTC position we are currently recruiting.
Schroders Investment Management's Credit Research team undertakes corporate credit analysis of a wide universe of non-government bond issuers – private companies, supranational agencies and securitised structures. Our aim is to provide benchmark beating performance to our portfolio managers by providing both accurate fundamental credit research and relative value recommendations to be adopted into by our team of portfolio managers. AUM in credit strategies stood at £18bn as at 31st March 2016. The Credit Research team consists of 30 research specialists, each undertaking industry and issuer analysis in three broad regions – America, EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) and Asia. The London-based EMEA team currently consists of seven analysts covering IG and HY issuers in the full range of credit sectors
Overview of role
The EMEA team requires analyst cover for our requirement of fundamental credit research specifically into bond issues from issuers in the European utility sector.
The nub of the role is to be able to analyse and understand:
1) The legal structure of the securities;
2) The business risk profile of the business;
3) The financial risk of the company.
An overall assessment of risk and valuation of that risk will then be communicated to the Schroders credit PMs using our proprietary framework. The successful candidate will be expected to work as part of a team with our entire desk to generate investment ideas and especially closely with Head of EMEA Credit Research
• A strong academic record is essential for this role.
• A first degree or upper-second with post-graduate degree and/or demonstrated progress through the CFA system must be demonstrated.
• Particular attention will be paid to demonstrated research in educational history and/or previous work experience.
• A minimum of four years’ experience in the investment industry will also be required with demonstrated examples of the ability to manage workflow under tight deadlines/situations of stress.
• Proven investment analysis experience
• Exceptional communication skills
• Highly-developed sense of teamwork and cooperation, Workflow management