Credit Analyst - Financial Institutions or NBFI (AVP/Associate)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley
- 21 Jun 18 2018-06-21
My client a Global Tier One Bank is looking for a talented and ambitious Credit Officer to look after a portfolio of European Banks or NBFI's. The portfolio will be varied and include banks, brokers, regulated and unregulated funds, pension funds, private equity funds, insurance and reinsurance groups.
- Annual Reviews / flow business
- Credit management and monitoring of a portfolio of EMEA-based financial institutions to be in a position to advise on credit quality and overall exposure;
- Preparation of counterparty credit analysis to include (but not limited to) industry dynamics, business profile, management strategy financial position and projections, including non-standard situations e.g. weak borrower or security structure, new client, highly structured facility;
- Responsibility for ensuring that all annual reviews within assigned portfolio are completed on time (exceptions to be agreed with Head of Team and subject to good justification);
- Responsibility for flow business in respect to assigned portfolio, proactively managing workload to ensure all reasonable deadlines are met;
- Preparation of credit memoranda in connection with breaches/amendment of covenants, general facility amendments and excess requests; and Review of credit applications received from overseas branches and subsidiaries
- Liaising with the Coverage teams to assist and advise with the structuring of corporate borrowing facilities credit terms including financial covenants);
- Liaising with the relevant business line or coverage team & Group Legal in connection with the preparation of ISDA and other documentation.
Key Skills Needed
- Candidates must have looked at Banks or NBFI's
- Strong written and oral skills
- Strong analytical (numerate) and credit skills
- Ability to quickly grasp and work with and the Bank's systems and IT tools
- Good understanding of banking products and terminology
- Team player
- Interpersonal skills possessing the ability to present files in a coherent and rational manner with Managers and Credit Risk
- Autonomous and self starter
- Self motivated and able to work under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable in the approach to work
If you feel you have the relevant skill set for the position. Please apply via E-Financial Careers or alternatively send me your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions please call me on 02070920064.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.