Credit Analyst - Trading
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Aug 18 2018-08-20
This company is a global hedge fund with more than 2,400 employees and offices in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Job Function Summary
The successful candidate will provide fundamental credit research for a global credit investment team, reporting directly to the PM in London and having a secondary reporting line to the head PM in New York.
- Help identify investment opportunities through a combination of fundamental research and relative value analysis;
- Maintain daily dialogue with PM. Relay findings of work to PM and build on initial analysis through continues dialogue and evaluation;
- Study company financials and identify trends in numbers;
- Read daily news and stay current with all information sources;
- Liaise with sell-side analysts on trade recommendations and ideas;
- Read and filter sell-side research;
- Analyse new bond issues fundamentally and structurally including covenant analysis;
- Assist PM in portfolio monitoring and continually evaluating positions against incoming news;
- Interact with the sell-side on behalf of the desk when the PM is unavailable.
- Minimum two year’s work experience as a sell-side or buy-side credit or equity analyst;
- Financial or quantitative educational background;
- Strong understanding of company financial accounting;
- Understanding of corporate bond documentation;
- Keen interest in industry trends and ability to anticipate changes;
- Desire to dedicate time to analyzing companies in considerable detail;
- Ability and desire to dedicate considerable time to learning new areas of expertise;
- Ability to communicate findings clearly, concisely and accurately;
- Openness to recognize mistakes and learn from them;
- Personal skills required to learn from other team members and market participants.
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 2 September 2018.