To provide credit risk analysis expertise in support of the Bank’s commercial activity in all product lines and with all types of counterparties.
The successful Credit Analyst will review the following:
- Credit Applications allocated based on the agreed responsibility schedule delegated by the Head of Credit Underwriting.
- Credit Applications that reflect large limits and/or higher risk counterparties
Principal Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Knowledge of banking industry products/services (especially trade finance products)
• Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively.
• Analytical ability.
• Ability to interact with the key stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to examine the linkages and interactions between different type of risks (credit; regulatory; operational; transactional; etc.).
• Critical thinking and decisiveness.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Good language skills in English (Arabic would be an added advantage).
Education and Certifications
• Bachelor degree in business or equivalent, or credit banking experience.
• Preference: A globally recognized post-graduate Credit or Risk qualification and/or an institute of bankers or similar professional associateship or fellowship from a globally recognized institute (e.g. CFA, FRM, MBA or MSC)
• 5-7 years relevant experience in FI and corporate credit functions ideally in a European Bank.
• Knowledge/experience of GCC and MENA markets, including a good understanding of the FI and corporate clients, economic sectors, macro-economic factors and related country risks within the region is a benefit.
• Fair amount of experience in assessing Trade Finance proposals.
• Effective Communications and Negotiations- written and verbal.
• Ability to Lead, Motivate, and Promote Good Teamwork.
• Initiative, Confident with Commitment, and Quick Decision Maker in High-Pressure Environments.
• Problem Solving, Flexibility and Conflict Resolution Skills; taking an optimistic and realistic approach.
• Organizational Ability and Agility - working to deadlines.
• Detail Oriented.