Credit Analyst Support/Generalist
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Job Purpose Support Bank Credit Analysts in the credit application process by providing administrative and operational support. Support the Head of the Team and Team Leaders in ad-hoc projects and reporting duties, to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Credit Preparation and Management
- Liaising with Relationship Managers & Product Partners to gather information such as:
- Credit limits and utilization
- Revenues and account plans
- Responsible for aggregating credit limits for Banks exposures and other large Banking Groups
- Maintain Credit systems to ensure credit submissions are accurate and submitted in timely manner
- Prepare supporting material for credit submissions, such as cover notes, regulatory and country specific information.
- Raise interim credit submissions as and when required
- Liaise with Credit Risk colleagues to expedite credit approval turnaround times
Month End Reporting/Reconciliation
- Raise and submit credit extension requests
- Monitor annual review annual review pipeline in order to manage workflow of credit analysts
- Monitor covenants and risk triggers
- Ad-hoc Projects
Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) Portfolio Maintenance
- Liaising with the Financial Markets team for ABS data gathering
- Preparation of the credit submission for ABS names
- Liaising with the Traded Credit Risk team to ensure ABS approval are timely provided
- To partner the team's two key stakeholder communities, Relationship Managers and Risk, in respect of system / process matters. Operating with independence and integrity at all times.
- Providing partnership with stakeholders through the timely production of annual renewals and being "go to" person when amendments / enhancements are required.
- Frequent and often ad hoc liaison with stakeholders around the credit submission process and any technical issues which arise. It involves proactive idea generation and discussion with stakeholders around easing workflow problems and promoting process improvements on a continuous basis.
Knowledge and skills
- Some relevant experience gained in Operational Risk, ideally Credit Middle Office.
- Strong understanding of internal systems and processes
- Strong understanding of global product range and the Group's day to day operational capabilities, requirements and techniques, both at home and internationally.
- Strong product knowledge of Transaction Banking, Financial Markets and Commercial Banking
- Good appreciation of Banking Risks (Credit, Market, Counterparty etc)
- Good understanding of External Regulations and Internal Policies around governance, risk and compliance.
- Ability to take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters
- Well organized, able to multi-task and balance competing demands
- Problems solving