Fasy expanding bank has a new role. Supporting the Head of Risk you will ensure the Risk Management Framework of the Bank works effectively particcularly in relation to Credit Risk. There is a strong bias towards Credit Risk in this role, however, broader involvement across all Enterprise Risk elements will be a feature of the role.
Credit Enterprise Risk Analyst
£40000 - £50000 + bonus + benefits
London - City
They are a fast expanding wholesale bank, who provide services within trade finance, invoice discounting, supply chain finance, wholesale lending, trade services & finance, risk syndication participation and treasury services with a clear client service focus.
Supporting the Head of Risk you will ensure the Risk Management Framework of the Bank works effectively particularly in relation to Credit Risk. There is a strong bias towards Credit Risk in this role, however, broader involvement across all Enterprise Risk elements will be a feature of the role.
- To assist the management and implementation of the Banks's Credit Risk Framework and provide a robust second line of defence. Review and challenge all Credit proposals and other Credit Risk related
- To act as a second line of defence for a variety of counterparties (clients/banks/countries), by providing constructive challenge and making recommendations to the appropriate committee for approval/decline.
- To ensure all the credit proposals are in line with the Banks's Credit Risk Policy, Connected Parties Policy and Risk Appetite Framework
- Manage implementation of a new Credit Risk
- To assist in the professional management of all risks throughout the Bank's and ensure that risks are appropriately identified, analysed, evaluated, mitigated, monitored, managed, reviewed and
- Ensure all risks are managed in line with the risk appetite
- To assist in the production of accurate, up-to-date management information to ensure all risks are being appropriately identified, analysed, evaluated, mitigated, monitored, managed, reviewed and reported in line with the risk appetite framework.
- To assist in the continual monitoring of portfolio names' credit standing, providing early warning of any deterioration by monitoring press / internet / credit agency
- To assist in the preparation of annual credit reviews of portfolio names, in accordance with the annual work plan by the absence of overdue renewals and the quality of the analysis
- To remain up-to-date with changing accounting standards / political and economic situations in portfolio countries by monitoring specialist press coverage of these issues and ensuring a complete understanding of the underlying
- To assist in the Expected Credit Loss (ECL) calculations and implementation of IFRS 9 framework.
- To provide support to the Head of Risk in reviewing/preparing policies and procedures as and when
- To conduct additional studies / projects, as required for keeping up to date with the industry best practice and regulatory developments specifically where this affects credit risk
- To assist the risk team in ensuring that all risks, be they business, credit, operational, market, funding, regulatory or reputational are identified, managed and reported in the appropriate way
- Maintaining the "Annual Review Schedule" of all the Bank's counterparties (including Countries) and liaise with the first line of defence for timely completion of the annual
- Maintain limits and ratings reports for all count counterparties
- Monitor daily reports to ensure the credit exposure remains within the approved
- To carry out the portfolio level monitoring of the clients, industry, country and escalate issues, if any
- Actively participate in the new core banking software implementation
- Participate in any projects as per the team's
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience of identifying, analysing, evaluating, mitigating, monitoring, managing, reviewing and reporting of credit risk.
- A good understanding / knowledge of analysing and controlling operational risk
- An analytical mind-set, solid numerical skills and a high level of attention to detail; able to analyse and interpret complex information, process data and provide credible recommendations based on sound judgement and with a focus on quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to present information in a concise, logical manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build, expand and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Commodity knowledge and Trade Finance experience would be very useful