- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 25 Mar 19
28 March 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£57,483 - £63,870
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Provide insightful, high quality analysis, advice and guidance in a specific area of credit risk, executing control and tailored to senior stakeholder needs.
Opening date: 26/02/2019
Credit Officer, Clearing Houses & Exchanges, Financial Institutions (FI) - Grade E - Commercial Banking Risk
An opportunity has arisen for a Credit Officer in the Financial Initiations team with specialist knowledge and experience in analysing the risks of Clearing Houses and Exchanges. FI Credit sits within Corporate & Financial Institutions Credit and is part of Commercial Banking Risk. We have a team of c. 45 Credit Professionals and the role will be based in our offices of 125 London Wall in London.
This is a key role within the team which is in part, responsible for leading and motivating team members and for the credit sanctioning of credit submissions related to Clearing Houses and Exchanges. We work closely with the FI Relationship teams, and we are proud of the collaborative engagement we have developed with them. It's a team which provides a supportive learning environment with an emphasis on team work and personal development.
Our ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge and experience of analysing Clearing Houses and Exchanges, and be responsible for preparing and determining the acceptability of credit proposals falling within a substantial sanctioning discretionary power, and for maintaining the credit quality of the portfolio. This is a demanding role, with a need to balance the important and challenging demands of clear and effective communication and a challenging workload. FI is a significant constituent of Commercial Banking.
You have existing sector or credit experience in the risk management of Clearing Houses and/or Exchanges and will have shown ability to quickly learn and adapt to new challenges. You have well-developed communication and influencing skills. You're happy to challenge the status quo and comfortable making and explaining decisions. You're also able to handle conflicting demands whilst delivering to deadlines.
Please only apply if you can demonstrate these essential skills and experience as a minimum:
- In-depth understanding and experience of analysing Clearing Houses and Exchanges.
- In-depth experience of determining the acceptability of credit proposals and maintaining the credit quality of the portfolio
- In-depth understanding and work experience of Clearing Houses Risk Management waterfall structure.
- In-depth knowledge of Central Clearing Counterparties, Clearing Houses and Exchanges as well as knowledge of traded and non-traded products and the associated credit, market, operational and regulatory risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are looking for someone who wants to play an integral part in the team, and actively ensuring the good credit quality of the portfolio continues.
So what would you be doing?
- You will own a large and complex portfolio of counterparties (specifically, Clearing Houses and Exchanges) and support new business origination as part of the FI sustainable growth strategy.
- You will be responsible for maintaining the high credit quality of the portfolio, setting credit risk appetite and ensuring it is clearly defined and well communicated to stakeholders across the teams.
- You'll need to lead effective relationships at the highest levels across the business and group functions to ensure business objectives are aligned and can be met, including product partners, relationship team and sanctioning officials.
- Facilitating business performance through a proactive approach to credit proposals and provide dedicated support and constructive challenge to growth initiatives to improve the team's business performance.
- Delivering efficient and effective end-to-end credit processes to ensure that decision making is of high quality, robust and commercially aligned with the FI business.
- Sanctioning limits within your own delegated lending authority.
- Actively running the portfolio of counterparts and reviewing counterparty limits, ratings, RWA usage and portfolio concentrations to ensure they are accurate and in-line with an ever changing credit risk environment.
- Ensuring all relevant credit risk policies, procedures and methodologies are appropriate and up to date in order to aid consistency, alignment to and embedding of risk appetite.
- Maintaining a deep and robust understanding of Clearing Houses and Exchanges regulation, dynamics & developments enabling a dedicated approach to the risk management of potential horizon risks.
- Producing Sector Reviews ensuring that credit strategies and risk appetite are well-defined and communicated.
- Embedding the use of the Integrated Credit Risk System ("ICRS") to improve the pace and quality of sanctioning performance and team credit analysis performance.
Package + salary + benefits
This is a grade E role offering a salary band of £67,650 to £71,411 depending on expertise and experience. (NOT THE £57,483 - £63,870 QUOTED ABOVE).
- Car allowance £4080 per year
- Flex benefit (4% of basic salary).
- Pension 8%.
- Discretionary Bonus on-target (NOT guaranteed): 15%
Closing date: 28/03/2019
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.