- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 20 Apr 18
Credit Officer # 110728
The Risk Division is a highly visible, dynamic area of the firm where you can be an integral part of the decision-making that supports the bank's business. Our responsibilities range from Enterprise Risk management to risk and finance reporting, and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities. The Risk division's long-term success depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfill our mandate. Ultimately, this depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment that offers direct contact with senior management and encourages leadership at all levels.
The Corporates team within Credit Risk Management (CRM) is responsible for managing, approving, monitoring and controlling all credit risks arising from our Investment Banking Division's relationships with EMEA corporate counterparties. This includes underwriting debt financings in connection with leveraged buy-outs, acquisitions, and re-financings, loan participations as well as credit lines for derivatives business. Core responsibilities include:
- You will be actively engaging with the front office to structure solutions which assist its growth, minimize the bank's expected loss and are in compliance with internal policies.
- Approve or recommend for approval new credit extensions, and amendments, renewals and/or re-financings.
- Performing counterparty credit analysis including, but not limited to, credit due diligence meetings, cash flow and liquidity analysis, sensitivity analysis, and collateral and enterprise valuation analysis.
- Reviewing and revising obligor specific internal risk ratings and SNC ratings assigned to capture differing degrees of credit risk over time.
- Evidencing a robust assessment of existing credit exposure through quarterly and annual monitoring reports.
- Identifying early remedial action on deteriorating credits, working jointly with the workout department to handle problem credits and/or workout situations.
- Ensuring information systems measure obligor specific credit risk, including the composition, quality, and concentration of risk correctly against relevant limits.
- Provision of comprehensive and timely portfolio reporting for purposes of management oversight.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- You will be an experienced credit risk management professional already working in major commercial or investment bank.
- He or she is likely to have at solid commercial experience in credit risk management including at least two years' experience in leveraged finance and other sub-investment grade lending.