- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 13 Nov 18
Credit Regional Support Lead # 121186
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
The Credit support team in London is part of the Credit IT Platinum support offering facing off directly to Trading Desk in EMEA. The team provide support for Trade capture, Trade processing and Trade Settlement systems.
Initially, the role will be focused on supporting the risk systems, market data systems and the tools the trading desk use to generate and publish rate curves and bond prices. You will possess the ability to analyse risk and PnL queries raised by the trading desk and work closely with the quantitative analysts, product control, risk management, mid office, back office and the global Credit Suisse teams to resolve/explain them.
We believe that the support role on offer provides you with an excellent opportunity to experience a Front Office support environment.
Coverage of the trading desks including interactions such as:
- Daily interactions with trading "walking the trade floor"
- Possess a desire to become an authority in the Derivatives business
- On-site system troubleshooting
- Customer communication during incident or outages
- Management of changes and releases to the Production Environment
- Daily support and troubleshooting of the Credit trading platform
- Participate actively and constructively in team design discussions
- Understand the current applications and business processes, identify extensions and new functionality
- There will also be additional responsibilities such as functional verification of delivered features, ad-hoc system bug analysis, and handling of "business as usual" requests
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
Education & Professional Qualifications
A Bachelor degree in a computer science related discipline is typical for our team, though we have many high performing team members with Engineering and Maths backgrounds too or equivalent work experience.
- Solid experience in financial services IT industry
- Front Office experience in Fixed Income Derivative products, ideally through involvement with Cas/eTrading and risk management systems
- Interest Rate and Fixed Income Derivatives working knowledge would be particularly desirable
Technical/Business Skills & Knowledge
- A deep understanding of Derivatives Pricing principles
- Good knowledge of Excel and VBA
- Understanding of XML
Requirements - "soft" skills
- Strong analytical capability and ability to multi- task
- Learning quickly and self-developing
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and take ownership on issues resolution
- The ability to take ownership of issues and follow to resolution is important; as is an innovative approach and methodical analytical style of problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish rapport with Front Office users
- Technical understanding of Linux platform
- Database understanding of either SQL, Sybase or Oracle
- Demonstration of logical thinking
- Good understanding of Windows server and desktop environments, for application layer support
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to challenge the way we do things (in the right way)
- Diligence to detail
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment
- Ability to adapt to a highly fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and provide an individual contribution.
- Ability, with guidance, to ensure that work is correctly prioritized.
- Able to identify opportunities and develop new ideas that will lead to improvements
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
For more information visit Technology Careers