Credit Research Analyst, AVP
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Job Description Investment Portfolio Team, a unit of Global Treasury, plays a critical role in managing the Corporation’s ~$95 billion investment portfolio in order to generate income and meet State Street’s liquidity and collateral needs pursuant to its balance sheet strategy.State Street
Investment Portfolio Team, a unit of Global Treasury, plays a critical role in managing the Corporation’s ~$95 billion investment portfolio in order to generate income and meet State Street’s liquidity and collateral needs pursuant to its balance sheet strategy. The global investment portfolio team is comprised of portfolio managers, credit analysts and quantitative research personnel across the U.S., Europe, and Australia. The candidate will be part of the credit research team responsible for fundamental industry research, comprehensive credit analysis, and portfolio management. Responsibilities include supporting senior analysts in monitoring credit and spread performance, developing market views, and contributing to presentation and reporting materials. Candidates will also be asked to conduct ad hoc research on economic issues and circulate the findings to investment portfolio colleagues. The individual is expected to collaborate effectively within an immediate team and across organizational functions with business units, Finance, Treasury, Risk, and IT to access knowledge, expertise and guidance.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in improving the portfolio management process by upgrading the modeling infrastructure to be efficient, well-controlled and repeatable
- Work with credit analysts to identify macroeconomic trends that could potentially impact portfolio performance
- Perform guided credit analysis of securities, including financial analysis, valuation, and projections
- Contribute to formal reports and processes that enable the efficient and transparent oversight of the portfolio
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, or any related discipline is required
- Demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office suite of products including Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Experience with macros strongly desired.
- Ability to think logically and critically to understand existing process and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, be flexible, organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and reliable