Credit Risk Analyst- Real Estate Finance - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aviva Investors
- 02 Oct 17 2017-10-02
We are looking for a permanent Credit Risk Analyst to join our Real Estate Finance team in London You will be part of the Real Estate Finance Credit Team and will assist with the analysis and structuring of new deal proposals and support the management of existing exposures for various funds under management.
We are looking for a permanent Credit Risk Analyst to join our Real Estate Finance team in London
You will be part of the Real Estate Finance Credit Team and will assist with the analysis and structuring of new deal proposals and support the management of existing exposures for various funds under management.
The various AIS (Alternative Income Solutions) teams' key objectives are to meet the investment requirements of their different fund strategies/mandates in terms of volume, return and risk appetite and to protect the value of the existing book to minimise losses wherever possible.
- Engage proactively with Real Estate Finance colleagues to help structure new transactions and actively monitor existing deals
- Review and challenge new business applications, loan amendments and annual reviews as part of the deal assessment and credit approval process, providing opinions & recommendations to support credit decisions
- Review and confirm transaction ratings proposed by the origination team
- Provide guidance & recommendations on loan documentation and security agreements.
- Work collaboratively with other Credit colleagues, Originators, Relationship Managers and in-house Legal.
- Participate in the development, implementation and ongoing operation of the business' credit risk requirements in order to meet business, Fund and regulatory requirements
- Undertake the collation, aggregation, analysis and reporting of credit risk information from acquisition, through performing account management (sectorial, geographic concentrations analysis, borrower risk profile), through emerging risk (rating migration analysis, early delinquency profiles) to re-structuring.
- Support the Portfolio Risk Management function in the performance of sector analysis.
- Review and maintain the credit rating framework.
- Ensure actions are in accordance with AI Risk and Governance framework.
- Ensure controllership framework is managed effectively.
- Actual and potential loss events are logged and actioned in accordance with AIS policy
- Make efficient and effective allocation of resource across Investment & AM teams to ensure priority targets are met
Key Performance Indicators
- Evidence of challenge and promotion of risk appetite and credit policies
- Delivery of improved and efficient credit risk policies, procedures and processes
- Evidence that risk considerations are embedded into decision making
- Evidence of positive stakeholder feedback on quality of analysis / insight/ credit opinions written
- Quality of technical support
- Value added to the business
- Personal impact
- Effective risk management and control, facilitating timely identification and management of issues identified and implementation of regulatory reporting compliance requirements
- Demonstrate understanding of control weaknesses in own area and implement effective plans to address
- All material events escalated in accordance with agreed standards
- Evidence of ongoing self-development
- Effective team building
- Internal / external networking
- Provision of technical support and advice to colleagues
- Business degree / Investment Management Certificate / Relevant post-graduate qualification
- An experienced real estate credit analyst with an awareness of commercial and financial matters including the principles of good lending practice, including:
- Real estate market knowledge across a range of commercial property sectors
- New business applications, waivers, amendments, leases, sales and substitutions
- Loan structuring
- Cashflow analysis
- Covenant monitoring
- LMA documentation
- Bilateral and syndicated lending
- A thorough understanding of related credit risk strategies, products, risk profiles and regulatory requirements.
- A high level of proficiency in mathematical concepts and accounting principles and techniques.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and adapt to best use resources.
- Proven ability to build and manage strong relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Decisive, determined and willing to challenge staff at all levels on key business issues.
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and report writing skills.
- Solution driven and ability to propose / consider suitable risk mitigation to facilitate business
- Specific experience of developing and operating quantitative and qualitative risk rating methodologies.
- Understanding of enterprise risk management concepts
- Good knowledge of legal concepts and debt restructuring concepts.
- The ability to apply conceptual thinking to identify and resolve critical issues.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, working collaboratively towards the business vision and goals
- The ability to manage and engage in meetings, both internal and external.
- Knowledge of Solvency II requirements and in particular the management of credit risk for insurance forms