Credit Risk Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
- Permanent, Full time
- VTB Capital
- 20 May 18
The role’s primarily responsibility is to provide pre-approval credit risk review of new corporate derivative counterparties as well as financial models and valuations for lending transactions with corporates. In addition the role will encompass post execution credit monitoring. Given the relative size of the credit risk team, it is envisaged that the successful candidate would also provide ad hoc support and coverage to other credit risk areas as the need arises. The credit risk team is located in both Moscow and London and the successful candidate will be self-motivated, capable of working to tight transaction deadlines unsupervised.
- To provide forensic and critical analysis based on financial statements, model forecasts, internal valuations, third party valuations and due diligence meetings with our counterparties.
- Identify and quantify risk drivers including the creation of stress tests in transaction structures such as preparing downside cases in financial models and reviewing enforcement options
- Prepare credit memoranda advising risk mitigation options including structural and legal credit enhancements and making risk appetite recommendations.
- Follow up on transaction execution. Ensure loans/trades are properly booked / recorded / monitored, credit terms are incorporated in termsheets / confirmations and underlying documentation properly developed
- Maintain a portfolio of counterparties,monitoring for any potential credit deterioration from Macro and Micro factors, ensuring counterparties are compliant with covenants and providing risk opinion on waiver and restructuring requests.Monitor limits and exposures of the various credit systems, ensuring that any limit violations are resolved and prepare annual credit reviews
- Risk portfolio under management will require close oversight, ensuring daily exposure to all types of loan-type products, liaison with sales and traders functions; as well as extensive interaction with all support functions of the Bank including Operations, Legal, Compliance and Loan Portfolio Management
- Support the rest of the credit risk team with other transaction requests and periodic reviews.
- Quality of credit analysis and decisions
- Timeliness and efficiency of work performed
- Comments and feedback from colleagues
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- ACA/ CFA or equivalent
- 1-3 years PQE
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant equivalent working experience in Corporate Finance or Risk Management roles.
- Ability to recognize not just transaction-associated risks as well as current grasp and enforcement of risk policies, but also awareness of legal, compliance and reputational aspects of all transactions
- The candidate will demonstrate ability to operate in a fast moving dynamic organization, whilst maintaining balance between the business expansion requirements and prudent risk management
- Demonstrable business and sector awareness and a keen appreciation of market and industry developments
- Independent decision maker with ability to support and defend conclusions
- Strong credit risk skills and knowledge of financial products would be desirable
- Perfect fluency in oral and written English. Russian, whilst beneficial, is not essential.
Typical Decisions taken by Job Holder
- Independent assessment of an Obligor’s credit worthiness and credit limit recommendation
- Independent assessment of credit risks embedded in individual transaction, structures and portfolios
- Proposal and enforcement of risk mitigating solutions
- Early warning signs monitoring, building broad relationships with counterparties, and being pro-active in risk management in general
- Close oversight of the regional loan portfolio oversight and if necessary calculation and recommendation of provisions