A specialist impact investment boutique, which focuses on supporting responsible and inclusive economic growth in underserved communities worldwide, is looking to add a Credit Risk Analyst to its growing team. The firm’s impact investment strategy puts capital to work, providing local financial institutions with the support to offer funding for small- and medium-sized enterprises with a high potential for growth globally. This strengthens local financial ecosystems and helps SME businesses thrive, aids job creation and enables communities to flourish.
The Risk team is responsible for the assessment and management of risk-related issues relating to all investments, including loans and the underlying collateral. In addition to assessing credit and operational risks related to specific investments, the Risk team is also responsible for monitoring macroeconomic risk variables. The purpose of the role is to capture, review and analyse data that allows the company to originate, monitor and manage its loan portfolio.
Role & Responsibilities
- Undertake credit and financial analysis of all financial intermediary partners and the underlying collateral
- Recommend credit limits for borrowers and sub-limits for the SMEs within the borrowers’ portfolios
- Prepare analysis and make recommendations for risk and investment committee review and attend Credit review meetings as required
- Undertake audit and client reviews through remote and onsite due diligence, in order to ensure compliance with covenants and alignment with the firm’s investment goals
- Interact with clients as required
Skills & Experience
- Degree, or equivalent, in Finance, Accounting or Economics from a leading institution
- Experience in financial analysis and credit management, with demonstrable knowledge of credit analysis of asset-based financing. Previous experience gained at an asset-based lending firm is preferred.
- Technical knowledge of credit risk and other risk factors is highly desirable
- Understanding of asset-backed or factoring software systems is a plus
- Excellent proficient with Microsoft Excel and a good command of other MS Office applications (Word, Power Point)
- Familiarity with or an interest in impact investing
- Excellent communication skills in English, with additional languages beneficial (Spanish ideally)
Please note that only successful applicants can be contacted.