Credit Risk Manager, Rapid Cash
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 May 19
See job description for details
Join us in London as a Credit Risk Manager, Rapid Cash
- This role is to be part of the Rapid Cash team, a new Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) innovation team that is focused on supporting Business and Commercial Customers with their every day cashflow requirements via a digital, market leading proposition
- This is an opportunity for an experienced banking or credit professional to join the Rapid Cash Sales & Onboarding team
- You'll be working with automated, cutting edge technology to achieve our ultimate goal of serving our customers more quickly and efficiently
What you'll do
It'll be your responsibility to prepare and take ownership of credit applications for a Rapid Cash facility, including the preparation and submission for approval and addressing any queries from Credit Risk. You'll be the primary contact with the customer during the credit diligence process, including the diligence of possible risk areas, and you'll identify process improvements and support the implementation to continuously improve the Rapid Cash proposition.
- Deliver credit diligence of new Rapid Cash applications, including dialogue with the customer to understand their eligibility for Rapid Cash, their working capital need and how their order to invoice cycle operates
- Prepare credit applications and submissions via the Rapid Cash platform for approval
- Work with the Rapid Cash Product team to continuously improve the end to end customer journey, with particular focus on the credit approval process
- Ensure each customer application adheres to RBS risk policies, including that the customer due diligence is up to date
- Prepare reports on the performance of the credit approval process against the Rapid Cash SLAs and targets
- Manage the set up and onboarding of customers post credit approval, including documentation signing, system set up and customer queries
The skills you'll need
You'll need experience working with receivables finance customers in credit diligence or similar roles, analytical and problem solving skills, and an in depth understanding of the bank's credit processes and policies.
You'll also need:
- A demonstrable track record in managing and influencing multiple stakeholders effectively, building trust and rapport
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A commercial mindset, with demonstrated ability to make fact-based trade-offs
- A methodical approach to managing risks through to mitigation
- Knowledge of relevant legal policies, regulatory and statutory obligations, risk management and management of the internal governance framework
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .