Credit Risk Officer VP
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different. Mission Description of the Business Line or Department
SG International Ltd (SGIL) Risk Department is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and operational effectiveness of a comprehensive framework for identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting SGIL risks.
The team can leverage on the SG Group extensive expertise and in particular work very closely with the Group Risk teams located in Paris or closer to the clients when relevant.
SGIL applies a 3 lines of defense risk approach: The Risk Department is part of the second line of defense and ensure that the overall level of risk taken by the firm is consistent with its risk appetite.
The Risk function within SGIL reports directly to the CEO and the Board Risk Committee, as well as functionally to the Group Risk Management. This ensure a complete independence from the commercial activities. Summary of the key purposes of the role
The role is to represent the Risk function in SGIL with regards to credit risk. This entails coordination with group specialist credit risk teams and with relevant business line heads and senior managers. Second the Chief Risk Officer on all Credit Risk topics. Key goals are:
Summary of responsibilities
- Support the CRO in discharging his/her duties in the credit workflow process, based on analyses performed by group credit analysts, approving or vetoing deals booked with SGIL,
- Ensure a close oversight of the credit risk exposures,
- Oversee the development and regular reporting of credit risk dashboards to the SGIL Risk and Control Committee, a sub-committee of the SGIL Executive Committee,
- Oversee the performance and delivery of ad hoc portfolio analyses or stress tests as required,
- Contribute the ICAAP for the credit risk sections,
- Identify Emerging risks,
- Ensure efficient Default Management Process,
- Ensure that credit risks issues are well taken into account in the daily conduct of business and in the development of new products or activities,
- Engage with business lines to develop and maintain the credit risk components of the Risk Appetite Framework and Risk Appetite Statement of SGLB.
The SGIL Credit Risk Function provides a Second Line of defence (2LOD) oversight of the Credit Risk Framework and as such will conduct:
- Advise the SGIL CRO on whether to sign-off on files recommended by Paris-based credit analysts, or sign-off for RISQ/SGIL by delegation from the SGIL CRO
- Drafting and follow-up of the credit components of the Risk Appetite Framework and Risk Appetite Statement,
- Identify the most relevant Management Information (MI) and report to the Risk Committee and to the Board,
- Report and escalate limit breaches as necessary,
- Stress Test methodology and execution as part of the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process,
- Oversight of the exposure on CCPs: work with the Group representatives at the CCPs' Risk Committee, to ensure that the Company's interests are stood up for,
- Primary Risk contact as part of the Default Management Process,
- Identification of Emerging Risks within the credit area,
- Maintain credit processes and policies documentation up to date,
- Manage relations with group RISQ staff (credit analysts) who support the SGIL, monitor the service level provided by the Group and update of the CSLA signed with the Group Risk Department
Level of autonomy and authority
- Responsibility to adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational and conduct risk requirements (e.g. data leakage, security policies and regulatory requirements).
- Adhere to individual and where applicable department conduct rules in accordance with the FCA and PRA Code of Conduct rules
- Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position and in line with existing policies.
- Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory and statutory bodies, trading venues, etc that are applicable to your role and business line.
- To assist in the self identification of all conduct related issues. Ensure escalation to appropriate stakeholder or function whether internal or external.
- Adhere to business line mandates relevant to the role as directed by your manager
- A high degree of autonomy is expected, to take initiatives and add value to the SGIL Risk function, including interactions with senior managers both at SGIL and Group levels.
- The Head of Credit Risk will have to be able to communicate directly with the Top Management of the company as well as with Credit Risk colleagues supporting his/her activity across the SG Group.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment