Credit Risk Portfolio Manager (VP)
The Risk Division is a highly visible, dynamic area of the firm where you can be an integral part of the decision-making that supports the bank's business. Our responsibilities range from Enterprise Risk management to risk and finance reporting, and regional risk teams covering the risk management for our entities. The Risk division's long-term success depends on our ability to achieve our vision and fulfil our mandate. Ultimately, this depends on the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We offer a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment that offers direct contact with senior management and encourages leadership at all levels.
The Portfolio Management & Strategy Team is part of CS's UK Credit Risk Management (CRM) team. The team is responsible for the following activities:
- Articulating and documenting the risk appetite frameworks for relevant entities.
- Identifying, measuring, monitoring and controlling portfolio risk in accordance with the legal entity and group risk appetite frameworks and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring legal entity capital is sufficient to absorb losses in worst case scenarios, through maintaining a programme of regular stress tests and undertaking the Pillar 2 capital adequacy assessments (ICAAP) where applicable.
- You will get a chance to gain in-depth knowledge of various counterparty credit risk aspects such as credit risk appetite, limit setting, monitoring, risk identification etc, with particular focus on legal entity level/portfolio risk management and concentration analysis.
- You will get involved in managing different product frameworks, including assessing risks and quantifying them (e.g. stress testing and ICAAP assessments).
- You will be involved in the Risk Appetite setting process, and assist with identifying risks, and calibrating limits.
- You will be involved in producing/reviewing Risk Reports to senior executive stakeholders and risk committees.
- We offer a significant level of responsibility and visibility to the business and senior management within CRM.
- You will get the opportunity to work with senior management & various business partners across CRM ERM, analytics, finance etc.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working. You Offer
- To shine in this role, you'll be a forward thinking individual with a strategic approach to your work, you will thrive in a busy work environment.
- You have a university degree in a relevant/analytical field (Banking, Finance, Maths, Engineering, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
- You have experience of credit risk management or similar experience. Specific counterparty credit risk and/ or credit risk portfolio management would be an advantage.
- You have understanding of capital, and stress testing, and have familiarity with regulatory requirements.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills and are able to manipulate small or large amounts of data.
- Capable of handling multiple stakeholders.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication, and are organized and self-motivated.
- You demonstrate the highest levels of conduct and ethics.
- You have an excellent command of English. We want you to contribute your interpersonal skills to our team.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.