Credit Solutions Sales Representative
This role is responsible for working with other sales colleagues and internal stakeholders to drive the sales process for Moody's Analytics Credit solutions and services. Key activities include identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity, and contributing to sales cycle management to closure. Additionally, the role requires the assessment of client needs and providing clients with specific guidance and product overviews.
- Meet or exceed annual sales goals and targets that align with the company's vision and objectives.
- Work with sales colleagues and other internal stakeholders to manage the sales process from beginning to end by identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and contributing to sales cycle management to bring sales to closure.
- Help drive the development of business within the assigned territories.
- Support more senior relationship managers in servicing strategic accounts.
- Partner with Solution Specialists to develop clear, concise proposals and deliver targeted client demos that address client needs.
- Build relationships across client and prospect organizations to maintain desired pipeline levels.
- Work closely with Product Strategists, Marketing Strategists and other employees within the organization to leverage their appropriate expertise in the sales cycle.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Strategy to promote improvements in product quality and the development of new sources of revenue.
- Assess the needs of the client by gaining an understanding of the specific issues facing the client based on their business requirements.
- Provide product/service use cases during the sales cycle.
- Serve as a liaison between the client service team, the client and the implementation services organization on each services opportunity.
- Coordinate Moody's Analytics responses to requests for product and services information from prospects and clients.
- Assist Product Strategists in the preparation and circulation of market insight comments to create awareness of Moody's expertise internally and externally.
- Position requires travel (approximately 20% to 40% of your time)
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) required, with coursework in business, economics, finance, marketing or related fields.
- Typically a Moody's employee working at this level would have at least 5 years of sales experience.
- Solid understanding of different parts of the global financial services industry, including market dynamics and customers' business drivers.
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations of products & services.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent English is essential and additional European languages including French and German would be advantageous.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.