Credit and Portfolio Risk Management – Contract
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Salary: GBP550 - GBP650 per day
You will be a senior member of a team that works with leading banks, insurers, asset managers and other financial institutions to solve their foremost challenges related to financial risk, including loan origination, deal underwriting, single obligor credit risk modelling, portfolio management and regulatory compliance. The team is responsible for both advisory projects as well as managing products (credit risk models) within the Europe, Middle East and Africa area.
- Perform day-to-day client engagement and project leadership activities. Responsibility for managing project execution, together with successful commercial outcomes
- Develop client engagement proposition: Work with clients to define project scope, deliverables, costing, budget & profitability measures, identify engagement risks and mitigation actions
- Develop engagement structure: Identify and secure resourcing, define project structure & roles, project timelines & milestones
- Deliver engagement: Manage team deliverables to plan, manage dependencies across project workstreams, day-to-day client engagement, visibility & communication, manage budget vs plan, escalate perceived risks to entire client programme
- Conduct design and knowledge transfer workshops on quantitative and qualitative methodologies so that clients can utilise the full potential of our solution. You are expected to train quantitative analysts, non-quantitative credit analysts and senior executives
- Working simultaneously across a number of live projects and in-flight ‘competency’ opportunities
- Command of technical knowledge of credit and portfolio risk management
- Expertise in at least one if not more of the following: IFRS9, Stress Testing, Economic Capital, Credit Portfolio Management
- Strong understanding of the regulatory requirements pertaining to credit risk (Basel II/III, IFRS9, PRA, EBA etc.) and the challenges facing Financial institutions
- Ability to articulate complex technical concepts to senior executives in a clear and confident manner
- Strong grasp of the Financial and Capital Markets operations, their relationship with financial institutions and their systemic role and impact
- Manage and develop teams of consultants and lead consultants
- Batchelor’s degree (or equivalent) with an emphasis in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, or related quantitative field. MA or MSc degree a plus. FRM or PRM or CFA designation a plus.
- 5-15 years relevant experience in financial markets, gained at either a top-tier consulting firm or within a commercial banking or capital markets environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel/VBA and at least one of R, SAS, Matlab
- Experience in building, validating or managing risk models for wholesale banking (eg credit, capital, stress testing, portfolio),
- Track record of successful project management, preferably within a commercial banking or consultancy environment.