What is BlockFi?
BlockFi's mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We're a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Crypto Native Business Development Manager
to join our EMEA team! About the role
As a Business Development Manager, you will build and maintain relationships with all parts of the cryptocurrency and digital asset ecosystem. This is an opportunity to work at one the leading blockchain companies and help build out its broader product offering with new partnerships and insight. The person in this role would also be an ambassador for the brand and franchise, and need to be comfortable presenting to large groups on crypto and digital asset infrastructure and "101" type of discussions.
The person taking on this role should be employed within a crypto-focussed firm and have significant experience in building and maintaining partner relationships, as well as understand the functional infrastructure of digital assets. Your Mission
- Primary point of contact for institutional partnerships in the crypto native, and to a lesser extent, tradfi space
- Identify relevant companies and foundations to work with and partner with in crypto, also respond to reverse enquiries from interested potential partners
- Identify key stakeholders at partners and develop relationships with those individuals
- Facilitate institutional business with the broader ecosystem through these partnerships
- 5+ years of experience in a sales or business development role
- 3+ years of experience in a cryptocurrency company
- Understanding of the functional infrastructure of digital assets
- Works in a collaborative way with colleagues, able to gather support cross-functionally for projects and partnerships
- Solid presentation and delivery skills of the company's values. products and services
- Able to build and maintain relationships with clients, identify needs in the market and come up with solutions for clients to those needs
- Familiarity with the crypto lending industry preferred
- Client obsessed, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Must have ability to multi-task across simultaneous client requests
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Flexibility and remote working because we are a geographically dispersed team who believe in balance
- An agile vibrant culture of enthusiastic and driven people to work alongside because teamwork makes the dreamwork
- Medical coverage because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as top of the range tech products, employee referral bonus, and employee group events
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand