Custody & Fund Accountant Mgr, Officer
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Custody & Fund Accountant Mgr, OfficerPosition Description
You will be responsible for the daily management of the Regulated Funds Financial Reporting Team. This will involve the planning and allocation of workloads, supervision of progress and review of accounts files, working papers and supporting documentation, and oversight of outsourced functions. You will be the primary point of contact for Clients, Auditors, Centres of Excellence and the other stakeholders to ensure financial reports are completed accurately and to timetable.
- Plan and manage the financial reporting production process and ensure effective utilisation of resources including management of quality and timeliness of deliverables from supporting COE's.
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients, ensuring client SLA provisions and relevant KPI are understood and met.
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables ensuring adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported. For direct reports, monitor performance and take action to address performance issues and development needs of staff through PPR process and regular feedback
- Develop and maintain own and team's technical knowledge and provide expertise to Clients
- Proactively identify, share and implement process and product improvements, documenting where necessary and identify and escalate service level and operation risk issues
- Obtained a professional accountancy qualification or qualified by experience
- Obtained or studying towards IOC
- At least 4 to 6 years of previous experience of financial reporting for unit trusts, OEIC's or other collective investment schemes including previous staff management experience
- Numeracy / Literacy skills and attention to detail
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- Good understanding of fund administration.