Custody & Fund Accounting Manager, Officer
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Custody & Fund Accounting Manager, OfficerThe Client Service Operations Manager is required to ensure that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time and in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards. The Client Service Operations Manager acts as a senior escalation point within the team for all internal State Street and Client related queries and is expected to take ownership or delegate as appropriate. The Client Service Operations Manager is also be responsible for the management of staff, ensuring that all staff are trained, coached and developed in line with their role and development pathways. The Client Service Manager is required to maintain extensive relationships with State Streets outsourced services and Centers of Excellence.
Major Responsibilities :
- Management of Service Delivery
- Oversee Valuations for specified client and ensure that all relevant checks to the Funds NAVs have been completed. This will include checks against fund benchmarks and reasonability reports.
- Manage the daily production of prices performing final checks to ensure accuracy
- Plan and manage all team deliverables with effective utilisation of resource with the support of the Client Service Manager - AVP
- Monitor errors and potential losses/ breaches. Complete loss/breach documentation and ensure remediation/ training are identified and relevant remedial action is taken and training (as appropriate) is completed.
- Monitor the service received from internal groups and interact with the relevant COE's forum, raising issues to ensure resolution. Log all issues and ensure all items have and agreed timescale for resolution.
- Monitor and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of processes, system and procedures initiating remedial action as necessary
- Ensure that all team members follow procedures and complete checklists
- Prepare of weekly/monthly/ad hoc reports
- Provide daily / weekly MI to AVP which clearly identifies the progress of the team
- Demonstrate the 'Risk Excellence' culture in your behaviour
- Maintain a detailed understanding of :
- The scope of the role's managerial responsibilities
- The competence of the staff reporting to you
- Ensure that your team has clear understanding of their reporting lines, authority levels, scope of responsibilities (including those delegated to them and those they delegate), objectives, training and competency requirements plus progress is reviewed regularly in line with Company policy, and are regulatory registered where appropriate for their role. All absences are monitored and absence management procedures are followed
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported. Manage own continued professional development
- Establish and monitor systems of control, delegated authority and escalation procedures so that the business complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively
- Adhere to the delegation and oversight (management information and escalation) framework in the performance of daily tasks. This includes taking proactive action to ensure there is adequate production of management information that is fits for purpose, and issues are raised as appropriate
- Establish and monitor an effective delegation framework to ensure that tasks are performed by staff members with appropriate capacity and authority level (based on knowledge, skills and competence).
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved. This includes: a) ensuring that appropriate management information/KPI's are received, considered and challenged as appropriate at intervals proportionate to the risks,. If KPI's are not green, initiate action to resolve. and b) that staff members have clear understanding of the escalation path/principles
- Establish and nurture a culture of 'Risk Excellence' within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Ensure that you make reasonable decisions by exercising reasonable care when considering information available to you. This includes taking proactive action to ensure that the information you have is suitable and adequate.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members' behaviour in performing their roles.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own and staff behaviour.
Level of Education/ Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or other related discipline
- Relevant Market experience
Skills and Experience
- 4-6 Years in financial Services or related field
- Demonstrated experience in financial accounting with emphasis on security valuations and data analysis
- Ability to manage work flow and priorities of daily activities
- Maintain understanding of client SLA provisions and related KPI metrics
- Staff Management experience required
- Ability to capitalize on new ideas of the team and drive execution
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving and attention to detail
- Sound understanding of Risk Management principles
- Ability to train and develop team
- Provide functional expertise when required
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Professional organisation membership / certification In the main, GSUK operational entities do not carry out regulated activities and are therefore not regulated by the FCA. However, GSUK entities carrying out Unit Dealing and/or Cash Sweeping functions on behalf of their clients are regulated by the FCA. The majority of GSUK clients are also regulated by the FCA.