Custody & Fund Accounting Senior Associate
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Custody & Fund Accounting Senior AssociateAn effective team player and technical fund accounting employee who can work effectively within a team in the London NAV Oversight team to ensure all accounting and custody deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
Management of NAV Pricing Service Delivery
- Carry out oversight review of Multi Class OEIC/Investment Trust NAVs on a daily basis
- Ensure successful delivery of daily prices by agreed deadlines
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of errors and breaches
- Co-ordinate other regular periodic deliverables to the client in line with SLA (eg Yields, KPIs, Expense invoices)
- Develop and review procedures
- Review complex client deliverables
- Provide technical expertise
- Liaise with Poland fund accounting team
- Perform and manage cash and stock accounting vs custody reconciliations
Leadership and Management
- Demonstrate clear leadership potential and/or product expertise
Management of Service Delivery
- Exhibits highly detailed understanding and execution of all Oversight tasks and functions
- Set and maintain high standards within team
- Ensure deadlines/deliverables are met
- Assist with general organisation of team
- Cover for line manager during absence, on non-staffing matters
- Identify and implement process enhancements
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of team checklists and QC as required
- Work independently on highly complex issues/clients
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales
Manage Relationships / Communication
- Ensure the line manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given.
- Regularly contribute to projects impacting the wider group
- Build strong relationships with COE's
- Participate in shared service/client conference calls or meetings
- Provide feedback on Shared Services/COEs and maintain issues logs
Self-Management / Personal Development
- Take responsibility for personal development and training.
- Actively participate in appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
Level of Education
- Strong academic background, ideally including a post-graduate or professional qualification (CA, ACCA, CIMA, IMC, IOC).
Skills and Experience
- Self-motivated with strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through and organisational skills.
- Understanding and managing change within an operational group.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate a history of hands-on involvement in a Client Service Team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work in line with wider internal groups.
- Detail orientated - ability to review client deliverables to a high quality standard.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, for discussion and communication at all level.
- Ability to perform well under pressure of multiple assignments, adapt to change, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.