Customer Services People Development Lead
Job closing date: 10th Decemeber 2021
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers. Job Purpose
• To work in partnership with the Customer Service Senior Leadership and Management Teams, PX and other relevant stakeholder to support with the design and delivery of the Customer Services Development and Talent attraction strategy.
• Through collaborative working with Management and key stakeholders define, delivery and monitor training interventions that support our people in delivering excellent Customer Services and that foster a culture of continuous learning, improvement and customer centricity. What you'll do
- Lead, define and monitor from a Customer Services perspective, a robust Talent Attraction strategy across all UK and IOM locations.to deliver a "One Canada Life" approach that is clearing focused on identifying customer centric and diverse candidates. Work in partnership with TA and the CS PRP to ensure both best practice and CL requirements are adhered to. Take an active role in upskilling hiring managers on new recruitment processes and standards.
- Design, deliver and monitor a Customer Services Induction programme across UK and IOM that gives our people a consistent learning experience and tools to support their success in role, fosters a customer centric mindset and a sense of belonging.
- Through collaborative working with Management and key stakeholders define, deliver and monitor training interventions that support our people in delivering excellent Customer Services. This includes the design, development and delivery of skills and knowledge continuous improvement initiatives & training content for our Team Lead and individual Contributors.
- To develop, monitor and implement a framework that Team Leaders and Managers can use to ensure that Customer Service meets its regulatory obligations, and can evidence compliance with IDD, T&C and other regulatory training.
- To work closely with PX to ensure that learning requirements of CS are embedded in the CL learning strategy. Promote and champion the Canada Life learning strategy (owned by PX) to encourage strong CS engagement and participation to ultimately foster a strong learning culture.
- To create and maintain open feedback loops, taking time to analyse, understand and present the data received to track outcomes and ensure the development being delivered is meeting the needs of our people and customers. Stay up to date with trends in digital and social learning theories and interactive learning journeys in order to deliver the outstanding learning and development journeys for our people.
- Through working with Customer Service Senior Leadership, Management Teams and PX, define, design and monitor a Career Development Strategy that delivers a clear and consistent approach to progression and development within the CS Division that is in line with customer requirements, business objectives and PX policy. This includes leveraging include co-ordinating, monitoring and reviewing the attainment of formal qualifications (CII, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with, influence, and align with multiple stakeholders as required.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities
- Proven analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Diligent and conscientious in the accuracy of their work, excellent attention to detail
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment and able to work under pressure
- Understands and is able to example different development techniques, BIO Feedback, Grow Modelling, 70/20/10 etc.
- Understands and adapts delivery to support different learning styles in order to ensure maximum impact of learning and development initiatives
- "Can Do", proactive attitude
- Intermediate knowledge and experience of MS Office
What you'll like about working here
- Minimum 5 A* - C / 9 - 4 Grade GCSEs (including English and Maths) or equivalent - essential
- CIPD - Level 3 Certificate in Learning and Development - essential
- CIPD - Level 5 Certificate in Learning and Development - desired
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences