Data Analyst - Maternity Cover
Fitch Solutions provides data, research and analytics that help clients excel at managing their credit risk, offer deep insight into the debt investment market, and provide comprehensive intelligence about the macroeconomic environment. All available on our platform, Fitch Connect, designed and built using our credit, macro and industry expertise to help you make more informed decisions. Department overview:
The Data Analyst role (6-month maternity cover) will sit within Fitch's Global Content Operations (GCO) organization and will help drive the execution of enhancements to the Fundamentals data set in order to support the business drivers of Fitch Solutions and Fitch Ratings. Working closely with outsource providers as well as internal Product, Operational and IT teams across Fitch Group, the Data Analyst will be technically-focused and generally responsible for the functions of data querying and reporting as well as coordination of the database enhancement process. Responsibilities:
Qualifications and experience:
- Interrogate financial and reference databases using Oracle SQL to support various user requests
- Run pre-defined reports and troubleshoot or refine code as necessary if changes are required
- Perform detailed requirements gathering, analysis and definition, and drive end-to-end management of prioritized and agreed deliverables through from inception to implementation
- Collaborate closely with team members to create and track user stories using agile methodologies and ceremonies
- Coordinate and conduct QA testing as required for database and application releases and push for resolution of defects to ensure high service levels and best user experience
- Monitor system and database outages, understand impact and root cause, push for implementation of preventative actions
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience
- Proven ability and experience working with relational databases and using SQL and SAS
- Proven ability and experience working with large datasets and complex database systems
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Some familiarity with agile methodologies and Jira
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in parallel and prioritize effectively
Desired knowledge of:
- Financial reporting or experience working within a financial data environment
- Excel VBA
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.