Data Analyst - Sporting Predictions Tech firm - Cricket - Data Analytics
- competitive + bonus + benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Milburn Lewis
- 13 Apr 18 2018-04-13
My client is a technology firm that uses data analytics to predict the outcome of sporting events, they are a market leader in this area. They are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join the Cricket team.
My client is a technology firm that uses data analytics to predict the outcome of sporting events, they are a market leader in this area. They are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join the Cricket team. This person will use data analysis and analytics to improve the performance of the team and assist help them make better decisions. The key responsibilities will include;
- Manage and process large amounts of data to spot patterns
- Perform QA analysis
- Connect to a range of different databases; retrieve disparate datasets; then join and augment them into relevant human consumable formats.
- Use SQL and Python to manipulate large datasets and produce meaningful patterns and recommendations
- Produce comprehensive reports identifying findings / observations and conclusions / recommendations
- Forge close relationships with the betting team and other internal analysts to work collaboratively towards common goals and continuous improvement
The ideal candidate will have the following experience;
- Degree in numerical or analytical subject
- Experience in programming using Python and familiar with SQL
- Basic knowledge of betting or financial markets
- Good communication skills
- Interest in the nature of the business and working actively to identify areas of improvement
- Experience of working within a commercial environment with changing priorities
- Able to manage a range of projects and the associated prioritisation
Experience with statistical modelling, regression analysis and machine learning would be highly beneficial. Candidates with an interest in cricket, or sport in general is also very desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for this dynamic, unique firm in a role giving great insight into the role of analytics within sport predictions.