Data Analyst (mid-level role) (H/F)
- According to profile
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Inflection Point By La française Limited
- 15 Jun 18 2018-06-15
La Française Group is an asset management firm headquartered in Paris. Over more than 40 years, La Française has developed core competencies in third-party asset management. The Group has a multi-affiliate business model organised around four core activities: securities, real estate, investment solutions and incubation. With 606 professionals and offices in Paris, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Stamford, Luxembourg, Madrid and Milan, La Française provides products and services to institutional and private clients worldwide, and manages over 69 billion euros in assets (30/04/2018).
Inflection Point is the in-house ESG research centre of La Française with a focus on equity investing. La Française Group is a major European fund manager responsible for €66 billion of client assets (31/12/2017). Based in London, Inflection Point produces sustainability research that influences La Française Group’s portfolio managers and analysts across equities and fixed income. Our sustainable investing approach combines a proprietary environmental, social and governance (ESG) scoring model with fundamental analysis of global corporate issuers. As the Group’s research centre for non-financial data Inflection Point analyses and quantifies companies’ ESG quality and operates a data model for carbon analysis. The objective of our research is to provide a systematic approach for identifying factors including ESG, Adaptability and Innovation Capacity as well as industry trends that help portfolio managers deliver sustainable returns for their clients. Today, we are a growing team of six ESG and data analysts working closely together with many of our 585 colleagues at La Française Group.
- Inflection Point by La Française is looking for an outstanding data analyst to join our sustainability research team. ESG issues are rapidly growing in importance to us and our clients as a company’s ability to adapt to social and environmental change is becoming increasingly important to its performance. We are committed to building a leading research and investment process that embeds understanding of these trends across the funds managed by the Group.
- Inflection Point operates two integrated functions: fundamental research and data analytics. The fundamental research team identifies structural social and environmental trends, examines their effects on industries and businesses and works with colleagues across funds, assets classes and regions to integrate that analysis into the investment processes. We engage companies on those issues and explain our views, conclusions and actions to our clients.
- The data analytics function has been newly created in 2017 to deliver Inflection Point’s strategic objectives. Reporting to the Head of Research, the successful candidate will lead the data analytics team and work closely alongside analysts and portfolio managers. They will enjoy significant autonomy to shape and develop non-financial data analytics at La Française with immediate management visibility.
The role will include but isn’t limited to:
- Shape the requirements of the data analytics team at Inflection Point.
- Determine how to organise, perform, and write-up data analyses.
- Enable Inflection Point to mine large datasets to get valuable information by inspecting, cleaning, transforming, and modelling data.
- Analyse data using statistical methods and programming language, interpret and visualise the results, and diagnose potential problems in the analysis.
- Responsible for the data requirements, definitions, analytics and data-driven insights of investment processes at La Française (equity and fixed income).
- Explore the use of ESG data generated with artificial intelligence-powered solutions.
- The role will be a key contributor to the strategic development and planning of data analytics driven products.
- A post-graduate degree with a significant research methods component, or relevant qualifications in econometrics, mathematics, physics, statistics, and/or relevant experience in research and data analysis.
- 3 to 5 year experience with extracting, structuring, storing, analysing and reporting data to deliver data-driven insights, especially the ability to structure and plan in terms of data scalability and data organisation.
- Proven experience of programming languages including VBA (Excel), SQL (data management) and Python (data extraction and analysis).
- Knowledge of R or MatLab (analysis, visualisation) and cloud-based technologies (data management) desirable.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communicator, both written and orally. Able to explain complex problems in a simplified way.
- Pro-active in client relationships, innovative thinker, energetic and well organised.
- Self-motivated to work individually as well as having a strong ethic as a team player.
- Flexible and adaptable. Ability to display initiative.
- Professional and responsible approach to the working environment.
- French language an advantage.
Please send your CV as well as a cover letter under the reference IPCM_DATA_2018 to the following email adress : email@example.com.