Data Analytics - Assistant Executive - UKI - TAS - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 19
Data Analytics - Assistant Executive - UKI - TAS - London
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Data Analytics Assistant Executive, you'll help make that happen. You'd be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of around 200 people sits at the heart of a global Valuation & Business Modelling network of over 1,550 specialists who deliver high quality advice through each phase of the transaction process.
Do you have an analytical mind-set? Within Business Modelling we have established a rapidly growing Analytics offering and are now looking to strengthen the Data Analytics team at Assistant Executive level. We work with major corporate and private equity clients, investment banks, large central government departments and other public sector bodies, advising them on complex strategic, commercial, financial and operational decisions and you'd be an integral part of the team delivering on multiple projects.
Your key responsibilities
As an Assistant Executive within Data Analytics you're likely to spend your day to day managing multiple stakeholders as well as coaching junior members of the team, constructing purpose built databases, using data wrangling tools as well as a wide range of programming languages that will contribute to delivering an exceptional client service.
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Decision making - strong client management and communication skills, rigorous analytical techniques and excellent data handling skills.
- Technical Expertise - Constructing purpose built databases storing large client datasets for our analytical models, using data wrangling tools, visualisation tools, SQL stored procedures, programming and statistical tools, to derive insight through forecasting calculations and simulations, in a fast moving transaction environment.
- Project Management - Actively involved throughout the life-cycle of an assignment - requirements definition, specification, data collection, solution design, development, documentation, implementation and user training.
- Database management - Designing and building complex database models to perform analysis on large diverse datasets.
- Client service - Manages clients' expectations in relation to deliverables.
- Risk averse - Identifies risk on the assignment, involving Director / Partner appropriately in its resolution.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Qualification in Computer Science, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or highly numerate science.
- Strong experience in SQL Server and MS Excel, plus at least one other SQL dialect (e.g. MS Access, Oracle PLSQL, MySQL).
- Ability to work with clients and model users to identify their particular use case requirements, to design appropriate solutions to load data, perform complex calculations, derive corollaries and deliver interfaces tools to provide repeatable visual output.
- Highly numerate with a strong technical knowledge and experience of applying analytical and modelling techniques to provide insights to business issues.
- Good understanding of UX aesthetics and visually creative.
- Experience in applying analytical techniques, to calculate problems such as predictive forecasting, prescriptive action, capacity planning.
- Programming experience in VB, VBA, SQL stored procedures.
- Experience of large cloud based data warehouse environments and analytics packages, including: Programming in R, Python, Java, C++ or equivalent
- Visualisation packages including Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI and Spotfire
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you're rewarded.
What we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who are excited about Data Analytics within transaction. You'll thrive on being a numerate, logical thinker with a passion for this field and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly over model reviews as well as building assignments where required.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.