Data Analytics - Executive - UKI - TAS
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 19
Job Title: Data Analytics - Executive - UKI - TAS Location: London Salary: Competitive
Do you have an analytical mind-set? Within Business Modelling and Analytics we have established a rapidly growing analytics offering and are currently looking for exceptional individuals with experience in advanced analytics, data science and machine learning technologies to join the team.
We work with major corporate and private equity clients, government departments and other public sector bodies, advising them on complex strategic corporate transaction activities (e.g. related to mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, asset disposals etc.) and commercial, financial and operational decisions.
Our projects often involve managing multiple stakeholders and high degrees of complexity and uncertainty. Decision making in this environment requires strong client management and communication skills, in addition to rigorous analytical techniques and excellent data handling skills.
Our work typically involves constructing purpose built databases storing large client datasets for our analytical models, using data transformation tools, visualisation tools, programming and statistical tools (such as R and Python), to derive insight through data modelling and simulations, in a fast moving transaction environment.
Although the Business Modelling team is largely London-based, we operate as a national team and many of our engagements involve multi-national clients. This role will most likely require some travel within the UK and could require overseas working from time to time.
- Actively be involved throughout the life-cycle of an assignment - requirements definition, specification, data collection, solution design, development, testing, documentation, implementation and user training.
- Design and build complex database models and insightful visualisation dashboards to perform analysis on large diverse datasets.
- Assist with designing machine learning solutions, undertaking proof-of-concepts, and implementing these solutions to help clients to compete effectively in this dynamic environment.
- Work directly with clients as well as other EY specialist teams.
- Manage clients' expectations in relation to deliverables.
- Identify risk on the assignment, involving Director / Partner appropriately in its resolution.
- Work with junior team members and help develop their skills and technical expertise.
Skills & Attributes
- Qualification in Computer Science, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or actuarial science.
- Experience working with large datasets (creating databases, architecting efficient structures and writing optimised stored procedures & queries).
- Experience in applying analytical techniques (e.g. Naïve Bayes, decision trees, random forest, xgboost and k-means), to calculate problems such as predictive forecasting, prescriptive action, capacity planning.
- Experience in building models in R, and Python programming languages and libraries.
- Visually creative, with a good understanding of UX aesthetics.
- Highly numerate with a strong technical knowledge and experience of applying analytical and modelling techniques to provide insights to business issues.
- Ability to work with clients and model users, identify their particular use case requirements, design appropriate solutions to load data, perform complex calculations, derive corollaries and deliver interface tools to provide repeatable visual output.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Ideally you'll also have some of the following:
- Experience of working with visualisation tools including Tableau, Tibco Spotfire, Shiny, Power BI and QlikView..
- Experience in SQL Server, MS Excel and VBA.
- Experience of working in a professional services environment, including exposure to high profile transactions.
- Experience of financial reporting, and an understanding of basic corporate finance and accounting concepts.
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you're rewarded.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.