Data Analytics Lead Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Dec 18
See job description for details
Join NatWest Markets in London as a Data Analytics Lead Developer
- Sitting within our Client Data Analytics Technology team, you'll lead the development of key aspects of the data ecosystem including parallel data pipelines, only-once processing, the implementation of data lineage, data discovery strategies, metadata driven transformations, data storage, caching, and identity management
- You'll enjoy considerable stakeholder interaction, leading other developers, and influencing the wider team
- This role offers an exciting opportunity to combine cloud technologies with data and Agile methodologies
- This role is available at vice president level
What you'll do
You'll be joining a team responsible for delivering data and analytics to NatWest Markets, primarily the Sales and Trading teams. Your remit will cover data warehousing, data lake, business intelligence toolsets, reporting and advanced client analytics platforms.
- Support the NatWest Markets strategy to become fully cloud based
- Lead the technical delivery of a software engineering team
- Lead solution design options and explain the pros and cons to key stakeholders for appropriate decision making
- Lead the team in estimating after a thorough consideration of design, build and testing complexity as well as maintainability and serviceability
- Monitor the technical progress against plans while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance, and providing updates to stakeholders
- Support and mentor the team in understanding software languages and technical domains relevant to the areas
- Drive the adoption of software engineering principles, processes and best practices, and drive a culture of concise and comprehensive technical documentation as a continuous process
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience providing technical leadership and a background in software engineering and design. Along with experience developing software in a SOA or micro-services paradigm, you'll be able to use industry recognised frameworks and development tooling. You'll also have knowledge of key phases of the software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies, and you'll be able to work to tight and specific timescales.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Experience working with code repositories, bug tracking tools and wikis, and designing or implementing APIs
- Experience of cloud native including AWS, Azure and GCP, and related technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, and Stacker
- Experience of implementing programming best practice - especially around scalability, availability and performance
- An understanding of test-driven development alongside use of automated test frameworks, mocking and unit testing tools
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.