- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 27 Jul 18 2018-07-27
Description of role and key responsibilities
The Chief Data Office is a new function within Investec and is working to transform the way data is managed, governed and utilised.
We are looking for a Data Architect to work closely with the CDO and Enterprise Architect to design and build a holistic data architecture within analytics and to define Reference Data and MDM standards for enterprise applications.
The successful candidate will gain a great deal of exposure across multiple business areas, technologies and stakeholders in an enterprising environment with an empowering culture. The comprehensive scope will give the candidate an opportunity to make a material impact on how the organisation manages and leverages data.
Key deliveries include:
- Re-defining development and usage standards for: data warehousing (Kimball, Inmon), ETL (SSIS, TSQL), OLAP (SSAS Cubes/tabular), reporting (Omniscope, Power B.I.) and data lakes (Hadoop).
- Partnering with the data governance team to provide a technical framework for metadata management, data validations and policy management.
- Partnering with the Enterprise Architect to design and implement market leading MDM and Reference Data architectures.
- Partner with Data Science, Data Analytics, Data Engineering and Data Governance team members to ensure end-to-end delivery excellence for stakeholders
- Engage Technology and Support Functions to ensure excellence in data solutions design and delivery.
- Engage and co-ordinate with Solution Architects across other organisational divisions.
- Drive forward the key initiatives of the CDO
- Strong experience in developing a range of data architectures (warehousing, application, analytics) in complex organisations with a focus on simplification
Reference Data and MDM
- Strong experience in developing Reference Data and MDM solutions (e.g. Semarchy, Information Builders)
Metadata and Data Quality
- Experience in metadata management (e.g. Collibra) and data validation engines (e.g. Infogix) is beneficial
- Direct experience in Financial Services with thorough understanding of corporate banking market segments and offerings
Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment including FCA regulations.
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Takes initiative
- Outgoing and confident
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Constant willingness to learn at all levels