Data Architect, Permanent, SQL, Python
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
The Data Architect Will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance regarding data modelling best practices, data governance and quality practices.
The Global Markets Technology (GMT) Data Services function oversees the current / future technology roadmap as it relates to within Global Markets. The function works with the Global Markets Business to delivery our GM Data Strategy .
- Will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance regarding data modelling best practices, data governance and quality practices.
- Will also be responsible for defining a framework for cataloguing Nomura's current data assets (Trade, Market Data, Inquiry/Order)
- The role require collecting business requirements from business groups, then transforming those requirements into data models.
- Contribute to the definition of Nomura's architectural vision and direction around data
- Understand the architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices, e.g. TOGAF
- Undertake communications and marketing efforts for Enterprise Architecture across GM
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
Key contribution areas critical to success:
- Data Architect should have strong data modelling skills and think of innovative ways that data science can be applied to benefit the business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Proven experience in communicating with international teams
- Significant experience in the finance industry with a highly in-depth knowledge of global equities or fixed income products
- 8+ years' experience in an application and/or data architecture role in the financial services sector.
- Excellent understanding and experienced use of appropriate technology e.g. SQL, Java, UML etc.
- Understanding of enterprise information.
- Understanding of data modelling.
- Data Analysis and Project management skills.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for both Agile and Waterfall projects.
- Understanding of Capital Markets and Investment Banking.
- Ability to depict enterprise information conceptually, logically, and physically.
- Ability to manage changing requirements in a highly dynamic environment.
- Demonstrable ability and confidence to build relationships with technology colleagues at all levels.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Appreciation and understanding of technological advancements and regulatory requirements in the financial industry and beyond which may impact and contribute to the strategic architecture.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Deep technical aptitude and knowledge of various technology platforms.
- Broad understanding across technologies and other architecture domains.
- Be educated to degree level in a numerate or technical discipline, e.g. Computer Science or Engineering.