About Brickendon Consulting:
Brickendon is a rapidly growing innovative management & technology consultancy providing solutions to Global Banks and Asset Managers based in London and now New York. We are 7 years old and have grown from 2 to over 100 people in 7 years of operation with a view to double in size over the next 2 years.
We have five core practices covering Strategy, Data, Risk, Regulatory and Test and provide solutions via 3 types of services ...ADVISE CHANGE DO. Do is our delivery offering.
Innovation encompasses everything we do through our R&D and Knowledge Leadership functions. Our consultants, who are experts with 10+ years of domain specific expertise, both deliver projects and provide new solutions to the challenges our clients face.
Overview of initial assignment:
Brickendon Consulting have existing projects with a number of banks, asset managers & hedge funds firms across London and New York where we have been engaged to provide teams of consultants to deliver Data and Risk focused transformation initiatives.
The successful candidate will join as a Senior Manager (depending on expertise and experience) within the UK Data and Risk Practice and work as part of a Brickendon's team to drive practice though leadership and deliver engagements within our clients.
An overview of sample responsibilities:
- Work across various lines of business and functional areas to design and define systems and processes that meet our clients' control and regulatory needs/requirements.
- Ability to analyse and manage the impact of change requirements.
- Further, to support, design, develop, systems testing and UAT. Acts as an owner of the requirements within a delivery team.
- Interface with all levels of seniority across the organisation ie trading, risk, IT, legal and operations.
- Add value to whilst maintaining quality delivery on projects
- Experience in end-to-end development and project life cycles.
- Gap Analysis
- Produce quality business requirements documents and Functional specifications.
- Run workshops to engage Business and IT stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal Brickendon Research and Thought Leadership team in procuring Practice collateral/solutions and journal article material.
- Network on client site to spot possible Brickendon opportunities for growth.
- Previous background in consulting beneficial
- At least 5 years of business analysis and project management experience in the industry
- Demonstrate the ability to translate business needs into functional specs to ensure that the platform is delivered as intended.
- Ability to define/map complex systems/rules and provide clear functional solutions.
- Experience working on large business systems that run across the organisation and geographies.
- Knowledge of development and project life cycle and experience of working in a structured and unstructured project environment
- Strong Excel knowledge (Pivot Tables, etc)
- Ability to operate effectively within a project team
- High standard of written and oral communication
- Presentation skills desirable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent time management and prioritisation of work tasks
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and proven rapid learning capability
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commercial awareness
- Must have broad knowledge across various areas within capital markets (FX, Fixed Income, Equities, and/or commodities)
- Passionate about delivering value business.
- Business Analysis certificates (ie ISEB) desirable
Work across various lines of business and functional areas to design and define systems and processes that meet our clients' control and regulatory needs/requirements.