Data Business Analyst, Manager/Senior Manager, 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
This is an exciting opportunity where you will be part of a well-established, growing business area. As part of the Corporate Data within our Financial Management Group, you will help a variety of data driven projects and initiatives including defining of data and functional requirements, applying the existing data to new use cases, and sourcing and onboarding new data for Finance, Risk, Tax and Treasury applications. Your key duties in this role include the following:
To be successful, you will ideally have:
- Work with internal customers to identify data and information needs and turn them into functional data requirements
- Collaborate with business users to specify business rules to manage data quality
- Analyse existing data sources including the enterprise data warehouse to identify and source existing data that can be applied to new use cases
- Work across all stakeholder groups to source and onboard new data
- Liaise with data and technology teams to manage data acquisition, ETL requirements and co-ordinate testing and validation of data feeds.
- Use enterprise data quality and governance frameworks to identify and resolve data quality issues.
- Over three years of experience in data and/or technical business analyst roles
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, data warehousing principles and methods
- Exposure to analytics, visualisation, and big data platforms such as Alteryx and Power BI and Cloudera / Hadoop
- Domain knowledge in Financial Risk, Treasury or Regulatory reporting is ideal, although candidates with other relevant experience are encouraged to apply
- Strong academic results and relevant professional qualifications
- Excellent analytical capacity supported by clear and concise communication skills
If you are highly motivated, have a passion for data as well as have an appreciation for the changing needs within a dynamic business and how data can help drive value, this is an exciting data role to get into where you will be involved in the timely delivery of high quality data projects. About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.