CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
We are looking for an experienced data engineer who is able to maintain, expand and improve our data infrastructure across multiple services and product lines. Our team consists of software and operations/systems engineers, who are accountable for and own the code that automates, monitors and scales our cloud-based systems and infrastructure.
- Monitoring query and infrastructure performance
- Advise on infrastructure and software changes for improvements, e.g. index tuning
- Building data pipelines
- Implementing and supporting ETL processes
- Creating and monitoring data maintenance processes
- SQL Server and ideally Postgres
- Cloud fundamentals and architecture
- Distributed services (processing, streaming and storage)
- Capable in Linux and scripting languages; Bash and Python
- Knowledge of Docker and container technologies
- Implementing and supporting ETL processes and frameworks
- Data: SQL, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Cassandra
- Programming/Scripting: Python, Bash, Powershell, Ruby
- Infrastructure: AWS, Linux, Windows
- CI/CD: Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Nagios/Icinga, Grafana, ELK