Are you a Data Engineer who works closely with Data Scientists? Do you have a passion for delivering real value to a business? Are you eager to work with the latest technologies in a business that provides the platform and environment to innovate?
If your answer is yes to the above 3 questions, then you’re in luck. We are currently working with a leading Financial Trading firm that are in need of a Data Engineer to join their Data Science team, where you will be responsible for determining the tools and best practices as well as taking ownership of their Data Platforms.
What You Will Do
In this role as a Data Engineer, you will be working across their entire stack, so a real passion to drive the product and technology forward is something they value; your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Working with the Data Science & Machine Learning Engineering teams to create machine learning based products
- Design, build, maintain and optimise existing data pipelines.
- Adding innovative ideas that use the latest cutting-edge technology
- Migration of legacy data pipelines to a cloud-based solution
You will have the opportunity to explore / innovate new technologies, lead Technology initiatives. You will enjoy this role if you love writing code, learning cutting edge new technologies, solving problems and winning as a team.
What We Are Looking For?
- Programming Experience, ideally Java or Python
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies e.g. Spark, Hadoop
- Knowledge of Python Data Libraries
- Experience working closely with Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers
- Knowledge of Building Pipelines and Data Models
- Understanding of RDBMS
- Knowledge of Cloud Platforms AWS or GCP
- Knowledge of Oozie and/or Apache