Data Engineer /Innovative Data Science Team / Asset Manager/ London
My client is a global, privately owned investment firm, managing more than $30 billion of assets, who are looking to bring in a Data Engineer into their brand-new Data Science team. The team are responsible for sourcing, transforming, and analysing large amounts of alternative and unstructured data. This then helps the different investment teams deliver more insightful investment decisions.
• Solid background in an object-oriented programming language (Python, C# or Java)
• Knowledge of common software architectures and development patterns and practices (e.g., Microservices, SOLID)
• Experience with the full development lifecycle
• Cloud-based infrastructure and services (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP) o Continuous integration/deployment workflows and tools (e.g. Terraform, Azure Pipelines, Packer)
• Developing services, web applications, and other tools to aid in the collection, augmentation, and management of large datasets.
• Working closely with data analysts to gather and transform data, extracting insights to answer investment research questions
• Building and maintaining data pipelines and self-service solutions
This is an excellent opportunity for you to work with alternative data for a very well-established buy side firm. This is a brand-new team, where you will be working with multiple different teams at one time and working on different data engineering and data science projects.
To apply please send your most up to date cv to firstname.lastname@example.org