Salary: Salary + Benefits + Bonus
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Schroders Enterprise Architecture group are seeking an experienced Data Governance specialist to join a major data project. The ideal candidate will have excellent senior stakeholder management skills in addition to thorough understanding of data models and data architecture.
Schroders Global Technology (GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York.The software engineering and technology change function is split between 4 domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations and Data; Distribution and Product; Corporate and; Digital. In addition there are teams which operate as shared services to provide Technology Infrastructure, Production Services (production support, release and access control), Quality Assurance, Information Security, Business Management (change management, assurance and reporting), and Enterprise Architecture.
Our application estate is comprised mainly of commercially available off the shelf software packages best suited to Schroders operational needs, complimented by a number of internally developed proprietary systems to support the specific needs of the clients and products that our colleagues support.
The Global Technology vision is to ensure a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds, that focuses on value delivered to our external and internal customers. With a culture of excellence through collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement, Global Technology will enable Schroders to deliver the best outcomes for clients and shareholders.
The Enterprise Architecture team is responsible for ensuring that technical changes are designed in accordance to Schroders best practices. These designs cover infrastructure, applications and data.
Overview of role
Agile Analysts are core members of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing. The Agile Analyst - Data is responsible for delivering data models to be used by other Agile teams. They are responsible for managing their own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of their team. The team members rely heavily on collaboration and communication and must place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status.
• Work with agile teams and capability owners to define data attributes and relationships
• Responsible for leading analysis tasks which contribute to the development and maintenance of Schroders Group Data Model
• Using industry standard modelling techniques (e.g. UML) document the attributes and their relationships in a data model
• Work with Data Governance, Data Owners and Stewards to: identify owners of critical data attributes; gather definitions and quality statements for data
• Chair Data Governance Working Group: Identify items for Data Governance to address; minute and follow actions from DGC meetings
• Work with the Data Architects, Solution Architects and Infrastructure Architects to maintain an Enterprise Architecture view of Schroders
• Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
• Supporting other team members to improve their analysis skills where it is their non-core specialism
General and Technical skills
• At least a basic understanding of the theory behind relational data modelling.
• Reasonably proficient in SQL.
• The applicant should have some experience of using data modelling tools
• Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe
• Knowledge and experience of using business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development
• Some knowledge and experience of development or testing skills and tools and common programming languages is preferred
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
• Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
• Educated to at least undergraduate degree level
• Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC) and business analysis (such as ISEB) are preferred
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.