Data Integration Consultant / Senior Consultant, Consulting, London
Your opportunity Extend your technical and advisory skills delivering total solutions to an outstanding client base.
Want to work with business leaders, and alongside some of the most creative thinkers in industry? Can you develop and deliver innovative and core technology solutions that transform the digital enterprise and maximise ROI? From strategy articulation and process design to technology enablement, we work together to simplify the complex; creating tangible value for our clients.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
This is a role for a senior Data Integration (DI) focused EPM Consultant, offering a rare opportunity for growth and career development for someone with the right combination of technical and consulting skills. At the core of this role you would be leading teams delivering the DI component of our EPM implementation projects. This would involve a mix of managerial, functional and technical tasks such as project planning, gathering functional requirements and technical design & development, and may include any part of full project lifecycle delivery. You would also be providing SME input on DI and related technologies to the EPM practice as a whole to support secondary projects, bids and internal strategy.
Your work, your choice
- Your responsibilities will include:
- planning activities for DI workstreams
- leading DI workstreams to carry out, and/or personally carrying out, DI activities, including:
- establishing functional requirements
- producing technical designs to meet functional requirements
- designing and leading the testing of DI processes
- producing project, functional & technical documentation
- troubleshooting complex technical problems
- advising on good practice for delivering DI solutions
- leading/contributing towards client bids
- coaching and mentoring junior team members
- researching and keeping abreast of developments within DI & EPM technology
- leading/contributing towards innovation projects, e.g. conversational interfaces, web services based integrations, tools & accelerators
- supporting the DI community by sharing knowledge through team communications, producing thought leadership and reference documents, and by organising/participating in DI events
- giving presentations internally and to clients
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. Your professional experience
At least 3 years' experience including 2 full lifecycle EPM implementations. Good working knowledge of finance processes, especially consolidation and FP&A.
Previous experience of designing, developing & delivering DI solutions for EPM systems Technical Skills
- Development experience with EPM vendor data integration solutions such as Oracle, SAP, Onestream, Tagetik (On-Prem or Cloud)
- Development experience with key ETL solutions such as Informatica
- Development experience of using WebServices (SOAP or REST APIs) with key vendors such as Mulesoft or APIGEE
- Good understanding of Relational (OLTP) Databases and SQL
- Good understanding of Multi-Dimensional (OLAP) Database concepts
- Good understanding of Hierarchical Business Metadata (e.g. Chart of accounts, organisational structures)
- Good understanding of EPM applications such as Oracle or Onestream
- Strong skills in at least one of the following scripting languages: VBScript, VBA, Java or Jython
- Good knowledge of Windows OS including Windows Batch files
- Extensive experience with MS Office (especially Excel)
Your service line: Consulting
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to communicate technical information to non-technical individuals in a clear, concise & appropriate manner
- Comfortable working with all levels of the client's business, from analysts and administrators to the CIO and CFO
- Able to work effectively with the client's finance, business and IT teams
- Ability and willingness to travel for some client engagements
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 169427