Data Integrity Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- MFS Investment Management
- 19 Jan 19
The Global Data Group is an organization that maintains security master data, security pricing and Portfolio data that is used in the Investment Process throughout MFS. The team ensures data integrity of all security master elements, including indicative and pricing elements and provides operational support and oversight of all security reference data and portfolio data for MFS. Under general supervision of the Assistant Data Integrity Manager the Data Analyst ensures the integrity of all of the data associated within the investment process.
1. Establishes the setup of all security types on company's core inventory system and trading systems, ensuring all data is entered accurately to avoid the potential for trade errors or operational loss.
2. Collaborates with additional operational teams to ensure all portfolios are established across multiple inventory and trading systems to prepare for new portfolio fundings.
3. Maintains and updates all securities (fixed income products, equities, options, etc.) in the inventory and trading systems using systems such as Eagle, Bloomberg, Charles River Investment Management System, as well as internal applications.
4. Initiate and maintain reference data on securities and issuers through the use of internal datachecks and control reports. Maintains the accuracy and consistency of multiple data elements across internal systems.
5. Analyzes issues and reconciliation breaks to determines reason for moderately complex errors and takes appropriate action for resolution.
6. Coordinates with external vendors and/or internal technology personnel to design and implement new processes while identifying ways to improve current procedures.
7. Monitors vendor feeds that contain security master related data that are key to the nightly pricing process and effectively identifies issues that could lead to potential errors.
8. Collaborates with additional teams throughout MFS that consume the security master data, portfolio data and security pricing data to ensure that information flows consistently across platforms and addresses and corrects issues as necessary.
9. Work closely with custodian banks, fund treasury and investment teams to ensure accurate pricing of all funds on a nightly basis.
10. Assumes additional responsibilities as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
2. Fund Accounting or related Mutual Fund Operations industry experience.
3. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
4. Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Products, especially Excel.
5. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment
6. Good business judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations while maintaining a professional approach to problem solving.
7. Familiarity with different security types (Equity ,Fixed Income and Currency); with some derivatives experience preferred
8. Ability to work 11-7 shift and flexibility to cover 3rd shift when necessary.