Data Operations Manager
- Ł 450-600/day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Randstad Sourceright
- 16 Oct 18
One of the big 4 consultancies are seeking an enthusiastic and organised Data Hub Operations Lead to join their team in London.
Data Hub Operations Lead/Manager
Job type: 6 months contract, full time
Start date: ASAP
One of the big 4 consultancies in London are seeking an enthusiastic and organised Data Hub Operations Lead to join their team in London.
We are looking for someone with a passion for data and data management who has strong leadership skills, a proven track record in managing a diverse team, and who would be comfortable in leading a team through a period of transformation and change.
Our customers include Finance, Human Capital, Risk & Quality, Business Development, Strategy, Territory, Industry and Network leadership through to individual client partners and account teams.
Reporting to the GI Data Management Lead the role holder will lead the Data Operations team and be responsible for managing the operational activities across the team. A key role in the GI Data Management Leadership team, the role holder will also lead specific projects which form part of the wider GI transformation programme (GIWF).
Key tasks will include but not be limited to the following:
- Oversee the monthly data cycle processes for each of the three data domains GI Data Management is responsible for, ensuring that agreed SLA’s are met.
- Reviewing and analysing key exception reporting, issues resolution and implementation of solutions to ensure the quality of data maintained in GI data repositories.
- Collaborating with virtual teams - working closely with IT, external data providers and local territory systems to ensure smooth process and effective performance of the GI Data Hub and satellite systems.
- Where applicable take ownership of specific data issues and work with the GI Data Management Team, GI stakeholders and IT. Ensure satisfactory resolution issues as and when they arise.
- There is a need for a high level off accuracy and a good attention to detail and to be able to analyse and interpret complex data, identify opportunities for improving efficiency of current processes and develop new ones.
- Develop and maintain operating procedures for the GI Data Management Team.
- Support the on boarding of new services and developments into GI Data Management
- Ensure ISO27001 compliance for Client and Engagement data.
Key Skills Required
- Strong experience of leading and managing operational teams, ideally in a data environment.
- Organised, structured and analytical approach to problem solving
- Proactive mind-set in dealing with challenges in a customer – driven system/environment
- Financial reporting knowledge e.g. Operating statements, Chart of Accounts
- Change-oriented and self-driven proactive behaviour
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to meet a range of tasks and demands
- Good written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in dealing with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and sustain effective working relationships
- Some data analysis skills including the ability to manipulate, interpret, visualise and present large datasets and analysis
- Be able to demonstrate skills at an intermediate level for Microsoft Excel.
- A basic understanding of SQL e.g. writing simple queries.
- Some knowledge of a BI app such as Microstrategy or Power BI, SSRS would be desirable but not essential.
- Able to work flexibly (out of hours support) and to tight operational deadlines
- High level of commitment, energy and enthusiasm