Data Platform Engineer required for one of the leading, global hedge funds, focusing on equities - they are one of the strongest funds in the world.
Our client are looking for an exceptional Data Platform Engineer to design, develop and maintain big data solutions with the goal of generating data for the researchers within the firm. The roles main project focus will be collaborating with other development and research teams to build a hybrid-cloud data platform.
They will also be developing the data tools, frameworks and methods. This individuals main goal will be to minimize time spent liberating data and assist the Quant research effort.
Key Required Skills:
- Strong Bsc Degree in Computing or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- Designing and building scalable distributes systems
- Programming Experience (OOP Language)
- Cloud, containers, micro-services (Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, AWS)
- Data storage and processing (Kafka, Flink, Hadoop, Spark)
- Relational or Cloud database knowledge
- Knowledge of data mining, natural language processing, and machine learning toolkits
This client will expect this individual to be an expert in their given area, and the successful candidates will be working in a team of highly skilled technologists who are on the cutting edge of data driven, alpha focused research/development.
While a financial (ideally buy side) background will be advantageous, it is not a pre-requisite and talented engineers from other industries may also have the right technical ability to be successful in this role.
The basic salary would only be a small component of the package for this role, bonus potential could go all the way up to 100%.
If you would like the chance to step into one of the top funds working on the latest technology stacks, with top Quant teams, and feel your experience is relevant, please reach out to Nick Heath with Westbourne Partners.