Data Product Strategist
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Wellington Management Company views data as a critical asset that needs to be effectively managed to allow the firm to continually exceed the investment and service expectations of our clients. It is an important goal that the firm's clients and employees be able to readily access and utilize our critical data.
The Enterprise Data Services (EDS) team are the gatekeepers of this critical asset and are responsible for a variety of firm-wide data management capabilities, including data product strategy, data operations, data governance and data architecture. This global team reports to the Chief Data Officer within the InvesTech department.
The Data Product Strategist(s) will play a key role in the transformation effort to instill a 'data as an asset' mindset. They will balance the strategy, governance, and implementation of anything data-related, and facilitate the conversations between all impacted stakeholders throughout the data lifecycle who produce and consume the data. This will include interaction with all functions of the firm to determine to ensure that they are able to find, understand and trust the data that they use in their business processes. Doing so will require the ability to operate as a subject matter expert with dotted line relationship to the respective data operations business and technology teams. The individual will be expected to establish strong working relationships across business lines, quickly understand process or architecture pain points, and recommend solutions to address the challenges and enable efficiencies and insights with data. This is a hands-on role which will require significant process and data analysis, as well as thoughtful problem solving. The Data Product Strategist will engage with external vendors, data managers, technical managers, facilitate onboarding of data sets, and respond to queries and questions where applicable.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drive the close partnership with Technology and Data teams to advance the data product strategy for the Data domain, including:
- Thought leader and Data Steward for data onboarding to enable processing bulk financial instrument data sets into required systems in a prioritized and timely manner.
- Aggregate data for firm-level sustainability reporting including developing data taxonomies.
- Lead the engagement with Data Operations team, Data SMEs, and Data Governance teams to define the necessary data quality checks in place to ensure data is effectively maintained, enriched, reviewed, controlled, and that processes are in place to challenge/escalate issues.
- Accountable for analysis and execution of vendor changes to data, facilitating the engagement with all impacted stakeholders to streamline the data onboarding experience - both within the data domain and across the broader set of foundational data domains
- Proactively monitor and analyze relevant data issues to identify trends and themes needing further review and escalation with the data provider; where applicable, conduct analysis with stakeholders to determine root cause, mitigation plan and lessons learned
- Develop and utilize reports and dashboards to enhance data oversight process
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- The candidate is required to have a Bachelor's degree with extensive experience working with data, ideally including market data for financial services
- Exhibits a proactive nature and approach to learning, problem identification and problem resolution
- Thoroughness, attention to detail and the ability to think and work independently and within a team environment
- Strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Quick learner with ability to apply business and industry knowledge
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Desire to succeed and the ability to self-motivate and motivate others
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace work environment
Data Product Strategist LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .